With the weather warming up for summer, braai season is in the air! And what better way to celebrate a perfect summer evening than a lekker fish braai.
This recipe is seriously simple and quick to put together. Make sure to read our simple method to removing Yellowtail pin bones before you attempt this recipe.
Yellowtail on the Braai
- 1 pack of Greenfish Yellowtail Fillets
- 2 tsp of Crushed Garlic
- 2 Red Onions
- 1 Lemon
- A few knobs of Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Place your pin boned fillet of fish on a piece of foil (shiny side up) large enough to cover the whole fillet
- Smear the fillet with the crushed garlic
- Cut your red onions into slices and place along the fillet
- Generously place your knobs of butter along the fillet
- Cut your lemon into slices and place along the fillet
- Sprinkle with coriander and seasoning
- Cover with the foil and place on grid above medium coals (you should only be able to hold your hand over the grid for 10 seconds)
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes until the flavours soak into the fish
- Your fish is done when it flakes with a fork but is still moist and juicy
- If your tinfoil starts to puff up, you have secured it tightly enough so as not to lose any of the moisture and juices.