Kingklip is a fish many of you will know and love as it is served in a large number of restaurants. Many of you will also know that it can be rather pricey on a menu! So here is a very simple restaurant quality recipe to grill this delicious fish at home for the whole family to enjoy.
The Kingklip I used for this recipe was supplied by Greenfish Traders and has been filleted into 250g portions with skin removed and bone out.
The Easiest Grilled Kingklip
- 1. Good quality Fresh Kingklip Fillets (skin off, bone out)
- 2. Butter
- 3. Crushed Garlic
- 4. Seasoning of choice (I used Robertson Fish Spice)
- 5. Salt & pepper
- Line a tray with tinfoil
- Place Kingklip fillets on lined tray
- Season with salt & pepper and spice of choice
- Spread a generous amount of crushed garlic on top
- Place a few knobs of butter on each fillet
- Turn oven onto Grill function (high heat)
- Place tray on top shelf under grill and grill for 8-10 minutes
- Fish is done when golden brown and flakes apart with a fork.