This dish made the best Sunday dinner! It was a cold, rainy day and I felt like some comfort food. Quick and easy to throw together, it certainly didn’t disappoint.
- 2kg Clams in Shells
- 300g Linguine
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Use a vegetable brush to give the clams a quick scrub under some fresh water, so as to remove any dirt or loose broken shell that could end up in your dish.
- Set clams aside for later.
- On the stove, cook the linguine in a pot of boiling water for approximately 7 minutes.
- While the linguine is cooking, add the olive oil and garlic to a large pan/skillet and on a medium high heat cook for roughly 1-2 minutes.
- Add the wine and lemon juice.
- Add the clams and allow them to steam in the wine broth for about 5 minutes.
- While the clams are steaming the pasta should be done. Remove from the pot and drain.
- Once the clams have finished steaming add the linguine and cream.
- Add the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Combine and allow to cook together for a minute and then remove from the stove and enjoy!