I am forever looking for ways to keep hubby’s lunch box exciting, as one can only eat so many ham and cheese saamies! This is a great recipe to use up scraps from the night before, while creating a healthy and delicious lunch at the same time.
You can use any braaied fish or even left over from the grill or pan. I used left over coleslaw which had regular as well as purple cabbage, julienne carrots, corn and black sesame seeds. You can however use regular coleslaw or even left over green salad, anything that will add a bit of crunch and a pop of colour!
The trick to folding the wraps is to not overfill them. Overfilling will make it hard to wrap them up tightly, as well as making them difficult to eat. For those of you who aren’t pro’s at folding wraps, I place the filling off center away from the edges. I fold the top and bottom edges over the filling and then roll the wraps up nice and tightly.
You can pack them in hubby’s lunch box just like that or cut them in half. If you really want to be fancy you can cut them at a diagonal; for some reason it makes them look more “chefy” for the same amount of effort. Hubby will be shocked when he opens the lid and his good old ham and cheese has been upgraded to luxury fish wraps. High five to us ladies! We may even get rewarded with a date night for this one!
Left Over Lunch Wraps
- 300 - 350g left over braaied Yellowtail
- 2 cups left over Coleslaw
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 4 Wraps (I used multigrain wraps)
- Salt & Pepper
- Break up the left over fish into chunks, making sure to remove any bones if there are any.
- In a large bowl mix together the fish chunks, mayonnaise, sweet chilli sauce, salt and pepper.
- Heat your wraps up according to package instructions so that they are nice and pliable.
- Fill your wraps with your fish mixture, fold, roll and enjoy!