Crayfish Tails | Regular | Frozen Box | Wild Caught | x12
THE ICONIC WEST COAST FAVOURITE
The west coast rock lobster is endemic to the west coast of South Africa and is a truly iconic seafood favourite all along the coast. Whether they are steamed, grilled or braaied there is no denying their deliciousness. Unfortunately, this coupled with the longevity and slow growth of the species has led to severe overfishing which has depleted the population. That is why we only source our crayfish from licensed cray fisherman who comply with the stringent harvesting restrictions imposed on this delicious crustacean.
12 x Crayfish tails
Each unit is 60-80g (+-130mm long and 40mm wide)
Ave Box size 720g - 820g (Ave box size 800g)
Your crayfish tails will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost, simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
The west coast rock lobster populations are currently under pressure and we only source ours from licensed fishermen who harvest legally against strict quotas and size limits that have been issued by the department of fisheries. They are also offloaded under the watchful eye of the departments inspectors they weigh and record all stock harvested. The style of harvest by ring nets/traps is very selective and has almost no by catch and causes little to no damage on bottom habitats.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium
GEAR USED : Ring net
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 100km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : None
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Medium
Braaied Crayfish Tails with Butter
Crayfish is very easy to prepare on the braai, usually only needing a bit of butter, but this recipe adds three flavoured butters to the mix. You will need:
- 8 Greenfish Crayfish Tails
- 250g butter, melted.
- 2 anchovies, chopped
- handful black olives, chopped.
- handful fresh mixed soft herbs (mint, basil and parsley).
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed.
- large pinch saffron.
- large pinch chilli flakes/fresh chilli, sliced.
- Fire up the braai and get it to a medium heat.
- Half crayfish tails lengthways and remove the veins.
- Rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Brush each crayfish or tail with a little melted butter.
- Divide the remaining butter into 3 small dishes.
- Add the anchovies and olives to 1 dish, the herbs and garlic to another, and the saffron and chili to the remaining dish.
- Mix and allow the butters to stand for a short while for the flavours to infuse (keep in a warm spot so they don’t solidify).
- Grill the tails on the braai for 5 – 6 minutes. Serve immediately and drizzle with the butters.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
Order before 11am for same-day delivery (Monday to Friday)
Free delivery on all orders over R1,200*
*Free delivery only applies for orders that are in the standard delivery zone.
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
- Collections are free and take place Monday to Friday.
- Orders placed online before 11am will be ready to collect same-day from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Orders placed online after 11am will be made ready for collection the following working day, from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Should you place your order after 11am and need it that day, or need to collect before 11am (Monday to Friday) please contact our office 063 666 2802 and we will get it ready for you, it normally takes us an hour to cut and prepare.
Google Maps Search : Greenfish
Greenfish factory is located in N'Dabeni (Maitland) off Berkley Road turn into Ryger Road. Drive +-300m and the road will bend sharply to the left. We are situated in the bend in a complex called Berkley Square. Ask security for Greenfish Collections. Please park outside the home collection door and ring bell. It is well sign posted. Please park right outside the door.
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Good service and good quality product.
The delivery service was impeccable. Product boxed nicely. These crayfish are so sweet and yummy. Are the going to be available all year round.
Best service ever. Fabolous product
Beautifully packaged. Always happy with my Green Fish purchases.I gave it as a gift to visitors to CT. Can't wait to buy more but sadly out of stock at the moment.
Friendly and reliable
Great! We will definitely use you again
To be repeated
Enjoyed them and will be back for more
Tails could be bigger but taste great
Friendly, helpful service. The collections area could be better signposted as the correct entry to the building was unclear.
Love the on time delivery and great packaging - we are taking the crayfish to Dubai for a braai - they look delish
Very professional as always. Great service and quality
So professional ! Wow
Superb ! From Packaging to Cleanliness !!and Obvious the amazing Taste !
So far so good - delivery as promised after I changed the delivery time Excellent packaging and the soles and crayfish look excellent and really good value for money Dave
Long awaited craving
It did not have much flavor, but a good texture. Some are very small, some decent size.
I was very impressed with the service delivery etc. The only dissapointment was I never got my 10% discount voucher. But in overall very happy and will order again.
Thanks to the Greenfish Team for providing a service that was fast,a platform that was easy to use, and a product that was “top shelf”. My family loved the crayfish and prawns you chaps source. Delivery was fast, and I was kept informed as to when my delivery was happening. I will be supporting Greanfish again. Thank you Ryan and all the the Greanfish Family.
The crayfish tails were absolutely stunning
Delicious Crayfish Tails
Upon receipt of the crayfish tails, we weighed each one. What I found was that on average, the regular size tails from Greenfish were each an average of 20 grams heavier(sometimes more) than tails we had purchased previously from a different vendor. We cooked them up and had an amazing meal - great value for money and totally delicious! Can't wait now to try the tuna steaks we ordered as well.
Absolutely fantastic calamari and squid and EXCEPTIONAL crayfish tails! Love love love Greenfish