Prawn Tails | Frozen Box | Wild caught | 1kg
FRESH FROZEN AT SEA TO LOCK IN FLAVOUR
This box is by far the easiest way to add prawns to your culinary repertoire. Our prawn tails are caught in the cold Atlantic Ocean between South Africa and Argentina and are prepared and frozen on the boat for maximum flavour preservation. The prawns arrive at your door with the heads removed and partially deveined and ready for your next seafood feast.
1 kg prawn tails (Between 15 and 30 prawns)
Your Prawn tails will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost (do not thaw under vacuum/pressure). Simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly. We are not able to butterfly or de vein prawns, as this would require defrosting and refreezing, which effects quality. These prawn tails are delivered shell on and vein in.
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
Our prawns are sourced from an Argentinian fishery that is in the final stages of MSC certification. This is in line with efforts by this body to help reduce the impact fisheries have on species populations and ocean ecology, while also finding new ways to reduce harm to seabirds and bycatch.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium high
GEAR USED : Trawl
SUPPORTING LOCALS : No
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 5000km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : Medium
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Medium
Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Prawns can be fried, boiled, grilled or braaied, but our partner site The Fishwife is here to share a recipe with Asian inspirations. You will need:
- Vermicelli Rice noodles
- Red Pepper
- Rice Paper Wraps
- Hoisin Sauce
- Peanut Butter
- Blanch the prawns in a pot of boiling water for approximately 3 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, cover the rice noodles with boiling water and allow to soften for about 2 minutes before straining and setting aside.
- Julienne the carrot, cucumber and red pepper and set aside in separate bowls.
- Remove the coriander leaves from stalks and set aside.
- Find a dish large enough for the rice paper wraps, add hot water, submerge one wrap, and allow the wrap to soften for about 15-20 seconds. Remove the wrap and set on a clean flat surface.
- Add small amounts of the prawn, carrot, cucumber, red pepper, rice noodles and coriander, roll the wrap halfway, tuck in the sides and continue rolling to create a sealed spring roll.
- Repeat the process to make as many as you like.
- To make the dipping sauce, add 2 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce to 1 Tbsp peanut butter.
- Enjoy cold.
No quantities are given as the recipe is scalable, but you will need about 3 prawns and a tablespoon of each filling per roll.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
Order before 11am for same-day delivery (Monday to Friday)
Free delivery on all orders over R1,200*
*Free delivery only applies for orders that are in the standard delivery zone.
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
- Collections are free and take place Monday to Friday.
- Orders placed online before 11am will be ready to collect same-day from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Orders placed online after 11am will be made ready for collection the following working day, from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Should you place your order after 11am and need it that day, or need to collect before 11am (Monday to Friday) please contact our office 063 666 2802 and we will get it ready for you, it normally takes us an hour to cut and prepare.
Google Maps Search : Greenfish
Greenfish factory is located in N'Dabeni (Maitland) off Berkley Road turn into Ryger Road. Drive +-300m and the road will bend sharply to the left. We are situated in the bend in a complex called Berkley Square. Ask security for Greenfish Collections. Please park outside the home collection door and ring bell. It is well sign posted. Please park right outside the door.
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Very tasty Prawns
Enjoy those very much. Amazing taste. Cleaning takes a little time but worth the effort
Excellent service, fresh seafood
We’re always excited to order from Greenfish even though we also eagerly chase down freshly caught fish off boats when we have been snorkeling. Greenfish delivers fresh, excellently prepared fish and delivers rapidly and reliably. Cheaper and faster than heading to Woolworths I often feel. We eat frozen fish about twice a week for up to 6 months and it’s still fabulously fresh. Yum!
Frozen Prawn tails.
Fantastic prawns as usual.
Excellent quality prawns
We used these prawns to make prawn sosaties and they were fresh and delicious. The meat is flavourful and tender and the tails are super easy to clean. The tails are nice and big which makes this a perfect buy. We spiced the prawn with the Japanese 7 spice also sold by Greenfish and I would highly recommend the spice too!
They were delicious and firm. Will order these again
Great quality, outstanding packaging
My first time - ordered at 10h00 and received at 16h00 on same day. Loved the quality of the prawns and kingklip. Amazed at the packaging standard. Highly recommended.
Service is always great from placing the order , to delivery and quality. Thanks for always going extra mile in providing a service to your customers. take care
1kg prawn tails
As usual, great prompt service and excellent prawn tails
Delicious and Fresh
High quality seafood with great and professional service! Would highly recommend to anyone looking for seafood in Capetown.
Best and freshest prawns we have ever ordered!
Definitely beats the store bought quality prawns. The prawns were frozen as per the description, yet when defrosted were clearly very freshly frozen as the meat wasn’t at all floury. Absolutely stunning seafood, we will definitely order this again. Love the convenience of same day delivery too.
To perfection as usual. Fresh, delicious, a gourmet treat. Service impeccable.
First order with Greenfish
I was happy with my order. I ordered the prawn tails on the 24th Dec after 11H00 so I did not expect same day delivery. I received my delivery on the 28th. They were a good size and all together there was 45 prawn tails. I was a bit disappointed that although it said they were partially deveined they were not. As the heads had been removed the section of vein from the head to the tail was gone but they had not been cut open or any portion of the vein in the tail removed. I just felt the term partially deveined was not an accurate description but on the whole I was happy no will order again.
Unable to get Mozambican prawns in Cape Town, desperate for similar quality never available in Vanamei and other Asian prawns available. Tried the GREENFISH PRAWN TAILS seriously good quality and delicious and great value for money. Should never have doubted anything from Greenfish they rock, always a fan and a client
We dont buy farmed prawns from thailand or vietnam…
We dont buy farmed prawns from thailand or vietnam (antibiotics) these are wild prawns from argentina.. good size and healthier. Prepare with lots of garlic and dont forget to add some salt when ready..
First time client - very happy with the product and the service. I will definitely be buying from Greenfish again!
Yummy scrummy delish!
To say we were impressed is an understatement. Easy online ordering, speedy delivery and the most insanely delicious prawns imaginable. All I can say is that I'm happy to have ordered 2kg's instead of 1! Will definitely be ordering again. Thanks GREENFISH
Prawn tails are of a great size and always great service. Keep coming back for more