Marlin Steaks | Fresh Box | Wild caught
Striped Marlin has a flesh colour that varies from light pink to orange. It has a firm texture and a distinctive flavour which is similar to but more pronounced than the flavour of Swordfish. Striped Marlin is considered the finest eating of all the Marlin species because of its tender flesh and is frequently used as Poke, sashimi or carpaccio. It is cooked in a similar to Tuna and Swordfish
2x Marlin Steaks (approx. 800g-950g per box) Serves 4
Your box will arrive fresh, simply store in your fridge and use at your leisure (up to 5 days). For home freezing, freeze on the day of arrival, and use within 3 months. Marlin flesh colour may change colour from a light pink / orange to light brown once frozen (this is normal).
Striped Marlin are pelagic migratory species that are caught by a number of different countries. It is currently unassessed on the SASSI list but we know its population to be decreasing. There are strict regulations on who may catch these fish using the longline fishing method. All our Marlin is sourced from a small fleet of local owned and operated licensed fishing vessels allowed to bring in this type of catch.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium high
GEAR USED : Pelagic longline
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 50km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : Medium high
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Medium
Garlic Soy Marlin Steaks
This sweet and salty marlin recipe is a must! The marinade can be applied to most firm white fish and can be used as a braai marinade as well. You will need:
- 2 marlin steaks
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce)
- 3 tsp honey
- Combine the minced garlic, melted butter, soy sauce and honey in a jug
- Remove fish from packaging and pat dry
- Place fish in a marinading dish and pour marinade over the steaks
- Cover the dish with a lid or cling film and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Turn steaks over and allow to marinade for a further 30 minutes
- On a medium to high heat, pan fry the steaks for 3 minutes a side
- Scoop any extra marinade over the fish while it's cooking
- Remove from heat and allow to rest in a separate dish for 1 minute
- Serve immediately with your choice of sides
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Such a great company and such great service. The fish was fresh and delicious!! Haven’t tried this fish before, but definitely will try it again. Thanks so much.
Thank you for always meeting my expectations. I have acquired so many new customers for you, but well deserved. Keep up the impressive service and quality.
My experience with Greenfish has been absolutely phenomenal! I placed an order around 9:30am and received it before 2PM on the same day. Impeccable service aside, the fish itself was a sight to behold, any fresher and it would have still been swimming in the sea. The quality of the fish itself was amazing and was absolutely delicious. I would not hesitate in making future purchases from Greenfish.
Ordered at 9:30 am delivered before 3. So fresh, seared off in a pan with salt, pepper and some fine South African extra ****** olive oil and paired with boiled new potatoes and a classic beurre blanc. Wednesday night dinners done properly!
what a nice piece of fish
My first time buying Marlin and it was lovely
Wonderful piece of fish