East Coast Sole | Frozen Box | Wild caught | x4
LOCALLY SOURCED SOLE
Sole is highly regarded by chefs for its fine, buttery texture, easy filleting, and mild flavour, which gives it a lot of versatility in the kitchen. The delicate flavour means sole works beautifully with a wide variety of culinary styles and flavours. Our sole is caught by local fishermen off the coast of Mossel Bay on the south east coast.
4 x Dressed Baby Soles (2x Packs of 2) (Approx. 850g per box, +-210g per sole)
Your East Coast Soles will arrive frozen with 2 packs of 6 soles in a pack for convenience. Simply store in your freezer (up to 6 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost (do not thaw under vacuum/pressure), simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed separately or cut into smaller portions etc.
There is no shying away from the fact that any fishing that disturbs the ocean bed has a negative ecological effect, and this is also true for sole. To help mitigate this we source our sole from local fisheries on the east coast where the smaller industry does less harm, while also creating needed jobs. Furthermore, local sourcing means the carbon footprint of the sole is much lower than imported alternatives.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium high
GEAR USED : Inshore trawl
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 500km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : Low
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Medium
Granny Filly’s Crumbed Soles
A delicious family recipe from The Fishwife. Passed down through generations, and now on to you. You will need:
- Sole Fillets (2-3 per person)
- Cornflake Crumbs (DO NOT SUBSTITUTE)
- Salt & Pepper
- Shards of butter (Keep butter refrigerated)
- If you are using frozen sole fillets, you can allow them to defrost in the fridge overnight.
- Soak the soles in milk for approximately 2 hours. I use a bread tin for this as I find it to be the perfect size.
- Line a baking tray with tin foil and grease with Spray and Cook.
- Remove the soles from the milk and allow to drip dry before placing on the baking tray.
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the cornflake crumbs generously over the fillets. Use your finger or the back of a spoon to evenly coat.
- Slice thin shards of butter and space evenly over the fillets (make sure you are using refrigerated butter in order to cut your shards easily).
- Switch the grill on to low and place the tray under the grill for approximately 2 minutes allowing the butter to melt.
- Once the butter has melted remove from the oven and add extra shards of butter to any areas that have been missed and that remain dry.
- Place the tray back under the grill, this time on a medium heat setting on the second shelf from the top.
- Grill for 5-7 minutes and remove from the oven. The crumbs should be a nice golden colour.
- Turn the fillets over and repeat the seasoning and crumbing process.
- Grill for a further 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately with your choice of sides.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
Order before 11am for same-day delivery (Monday to Friday)
Free delivery on all orders over R1,200*
*Free delivery only applies for orders that are in the standard delivery zone.
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
- Collections are free and take place Monday to Friday.
- Orders placed online before 11am will be ready to collect same-day from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Orders placed online after 11am will be made ready for collection the following working day, from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Should you place your order after 11am and need it that day, or need to collect before 11am (Monday to Friday) please contact our office 063 666 2802 and we will get it ready for you, it normally takes us an hour to cut and prepare.
Google Maps Search : Greenfish
Greenfish factory is located in N'Dabeni (Maitland) off Berkley Road turn into Ryger Road. Drive +-300m and the road will bend sharply to the left. We are situated in the bend in a complex called Berkley Square. Ask security for Greenfish Collections. Please park outside the home collection door and ring bell. It is well sign posted. Please park right outside the door.
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Best quality and service! Outstanding in every way
Always the best
Their products are so unbelievably tasty and fresh. Ordering is quick and easy. No reason not to love!
Excellent as expected!
Excellent as expected!Excellent as expected!
Soles are excellent!
We love the east coast soles. Super easy to cook and so delicious and delicate. We make sole meunière. It’s a favourite in our family.
Delicious and simple
I love Greenfish and the convenience of same day delivery. I ordered the sole on a friends recommendation. These sole were delicious and so easy to prepare. I will definitely order again!
East Coast Soles
Excellent quality, tasty, beautifully cleaned and conveniently packed. Ideally two fish per portion ie 6 portions per purchase.
East coast sole
excellent on all accounts, as I had car problems, they kept my order frozen till I could pick it up
The soles are always good. I order them often. My family likes sole meunière.
The soles were delicious
The sole was absolutely delicious. I am very satisfied with my order as everything arrived neatly packed and the quality is exceptional. Best service and fast delivery. Highly recommended to order from Greenfish!
Delicious Delicate Sole
I enjoy receiving my Greenfish order! Delivered quickly Excellent value for money and outstanding quality every time! These Baby soles were really delicious and easy to prepare with a crumb/butter topping. Let alone one cannot get soles at the usual W shop.
these small soles are divine and they are delivered very well prepared. I cook them or meunière in the pan or in the oven with citrus fruits and fried potatoes.
The process was effortless from placing my order online to sameday delivery! Very impressive!
I pan grilled the soles, and they were really delicious. No horrible fishy smell or after taste. Well done guys
Incredible Sole at such reasonable prices
The sole was so good & tasty. I will definitely order again. My only criticism is they are packed & frozen in 6’s. They are quite small but I only eat two in a sitting. Defrosting all 6 means I’m eating sole for 3 days in a row
I've ordered from green fish plenty of times and they have never been anything short of excellent. Highly recommend!!
Soles at last!
I used to buy fresh soles (when they were available which was rare) from my local fish dealer. That source has dried up for well over a year. Greenfish popped up on my Facebook feed so I tried them. Nice easy to use website, seamless ordering and paying. Helpful over the phone. My soles arrived a few hours later and were delicious.
East Coast Sole
Such a wonderful fish for family meals - both big and small love the sole!