Lobster Box | Whole Deep Water Crayfish | x2
Lobster, have a delicate sweet flavour of the ocean, and are a great addition to elevate any dining experience. This box is ideal for any crayfish lover to add some variety into their week day cooking or special evening. We have taken care of the mess, you look after the rest. Your crayfish will arrive in a poly box, to make it easy to use at home.
- 2 x Medium deep water crayfish
- Each unit is +-300-400g
Your box will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost (do not thaw under vacuum/pressure), simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
The Palinurus Delagoae crayfish caught off Durban, listed as least concern by the IUCN and is a great alternative to the West Coast Rock Lobster.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium
GEAR USED : Trawl
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 1600km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : Medium
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Medium
On the braai
- 2 Deep water Crayfish
- Garlic cloves
- Butter melted
- Lemon juice
- Fire up the braai.
- Keep crayfish whole in their shells but cut through the middle of the tail shell so that your garlic butter basting can get in there to flavour the flesh.
- Mix together your melted butter, garlic and lemon juice and baste the tails of each crayfish.
- Place the crayfish shell side down over hot coals and baste continuously with your butter mixture.
- Your crayfish won’t take more than a few minutes a side to cook, time depending on their size.
- Serve with crusty bread, garlic and lemon butter mixture and a light green salad.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Hi Ryan Glad I found your website . Placing order no hiccups , delivery same day by 15h00 - excellent . Fresh , looks blast frozen , so no water inside body which you get with slow freeze - Steamed it made a good meal Next will be oysters and perlys :-) - let me know when you will have fresh oysters in stock One question though - where do these crays come from as the "tiger/zebra stripes on the legs and carapice are not the normal West Coast crays that we used to catch from Arniston to Veldrif Cheesr Arno