Lobster Box | Whole Deep Water Crayfish | Frozen Box | x2
Lobster, have a delicate sweet flavour of the ocean, and are a great addition to elevate any dining experience. This box is ideal for any crayfish lover to add some variety into their week day cooking or special evening. We have taken care of the mess, you look after the rest. Your crayfish will arrive in a poly box, to make it easy to use at home.
- 2 x Medium deep water crayfish
- Each unit is +-300-400g
<p>Your Deep water Crayfish will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost (do not thaw under vacuum/pressure), simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.</p>
<p>Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.</p>
The Palinurus Delagoae crayfish caught off Durban, listed as least concern by the IUCN and is a great alternative to the West Coast Rock Lobster.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium
GEAR USED : Trawl
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 1600km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : Medium
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Medium
On the braai
- 2 Deep water Crayfish
- Garlic cloves
- Butter melted
- Lemon juice
- Fire up the braai.
- Keep crayfish whole in their shells but cut through the middle of the tail shell so that your garlic butter basting can get in there to flavour the flesh.
- Mix together your melted butter, garlic and lemon juice and baste the tails of each crayfish.
- Place the crayfish shell side down over hot coals and baste continuously with your butter mixture.
- Your crayfish won’t take more than a few minutes a side to cook, time depending on their size.
- Serve with crusty bread, garlic and lemon butter mixture and a light green salad.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
Order before 11am for same-day delivery (Monday to Friday)
Free delivery on all orders over R1,200*
*Free delivery only applies for orders that are in the standard delivery zone.
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
- Collections are free and take place Monday to Friday.
- Orders placed online before 11am will be ready to collect same-day from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Orders placed online after 11am will be made ready for collection the following working day, from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Should you place your order after 11am and need it that day, or need to collect before 11am (Monday to Friday) please contact our office 063 666 2802 and we will get it ready for you, it normally takes us an hour to cut and prepare.
Google Maps Search : Greenfish
Greenfish factory is located in N'Dabeni (Maitland) off Berkley Road turn into Ryger Road. Drive +-300m and the road will bend sharply to the left. We are situated in the bend in a complex called Berkley Square. Ask security for Greenfish Collections. Please park outside the home collection door and ring bell. It is well sign posted. Please park right outside the door.
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Hi Ryan Glad I found your website . Placing order no hiccups , delivery same day by 15h00 - excellent . Fresh , looks blast frozen , so no water inside body which you get with slow freeze - Steamed it made a good meal Next will be oysters and perlys :-) - let me know when you will have fresh oysters in stock One question though - where do these crays come from as the "tiger/zebra stripes on the legs and carapice are not the normal West Coast crays that we used to catch from Arniston to Veldrif Cheesr Arno