Langoustine Box | Small | 1.7kg | Frozen Box | Caught off Durban
This langoustines box features extra large frozen langoustines . They have been caught in the Indian ocean by vessels departing Durban harbour. They have been frozen at sea at the time of catch. They have been carefully selected for you to enjoy with your family or friends.
Langoustines, have a delicate sweet flavour of the ocean, and are a great addition to elevate any dining experience. These Extra Large lango's are here to impress.
This box is ideal for any langoustines lover to add some variety into their week day cooking or special evening. We have taken care of the mess, you look after the rest.
- Small Langoustines
- 1.6-1.8kg per case, (+- 35-45 units)
Your small Langoustines will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost (do not thaw under vacuum/pressure), simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
*these langos are caught and frozen at sea to lock in the goodness. They will therefor arrive to you whole. Prawns cannot be butterflied or deveined as this would require us to defrost and refreeze them affecting the quality.
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
These langoustines are caught off Durban, and are the fishery is currently not assessed by SASSI. However in Mozambique they are listed as RED due to the large amount of by catch involved and poor management.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium
GEAR USED : Trawl
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 1600km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : Medium
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Medium
Chilli Langoustine salad
You will need:
- 200g small langoustines, shelled and deveined
- 20ml fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 20ml peanut oil
- 1 red chilli, seeded and sliced
- 2 bok choy, separated
- ½ Chinese cabbage, thickly sliced
- 10ml sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 dried mushrooms
- 500ml good-quality vegetable stock
- 50ml light soy sauce
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 40ml fresh coriander, torn
- 50ml peanut oil
- Put the mushrooms in a bowl and cover with water. Leave to soak until soft, about 1 hour. Drain, reserve the water and slice the mushrooms.
- In a large frying pan or a wok, heat the peanut oil and sauté the ginger, making sure the ginger does not burn. Add the langoustines and stir-fry until they change to a pink colour, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chilli and fry together with the langoustines for a further 5 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Blanch the Chinese cabbage in the stock for a few minutes to enhance the flavour. Drain.
- In the same wok, add the bok choy and Chinese cabbage, and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- For the dressing, put the reserved mushroom water in a pot and add the remaining ingredients. Cook until it has reduced and thickened a little.
- To serve, place the vegetables on a plate, top with the prawns, drizzle with the dressing and scatter the sesame seeds over. Serve while still warm.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
These were really great . Will definitely order again. Delivery was almost instant and nice and frozen as I couldn''t get it into a freezer immediatetly and declicious to eat.
Ordered at 9am arrived by 1pm on the plate by 7pm Very high quality
Great quality, fresh food
Food quality cannot be faulted. Everything was fresh and nicely packaged. Delivery was disappointing in that there was no notification and the driver wanted to leave the package outside my house because he was in a hurry. This was eventually resolved.
Lovely! Expensive, but absolutely delicious. Have bought again!
Langoustine Box (Small)
Very satisfied with my order which was delivered on time. Taste very good
First time buyer from Green Fish
Firstly the service was outstanding, advise I received and the delivery can't fault. Well done!! I was a bit disappointed with the Clams, about a quarter of the clams did not open. I was a bit nervous to open them to try. Langoustine and Tuna outstanding really fresh, will recommend. I will be ordering from Green Fish again, same day delivery. Very convenient.
absolutely delicious, with their natural sweet flavor
Hi Ryan, We had both the tuna ( seared in crust of sesame seeds, & sashimi ) as well as the entire box of Langostines for a birthday celebration. The condition of both on arrival were perfect. We prepared the Langostines earlier in the morning, by splitting from the head down, cleaning out each half.we then lay then shell side down, and brushed them with a marinade made up of garlic, olive oil,lemon, parsely& a light cayenne chilli sauce. We then grilled them, shell side down, in a closed Weber for about 3 to 4 minutes. They were a bit of a fiddle, but absolutely delicious, with their natural sweet flavor enhanced by a slight smokey chilli hit! Herewith a couple of pics! Rod & Mary
Wow... The service and the quality of product are both exceptional... Will definitely be using Greenfish again
Sceptical about buying online
I am one of the worst sceptics about buying online. I also barely write reviews unless I am complaining. But I'm making an exception for GreenFish. My order just arrived! Perfectly packaged and exactly when they said it would arrive. There was even ice in the box with my fresh tuna! And I even weighed the products to make sure the weights were as stated. Both my langoustines and tuna look perfect. Well done GreenFish. Will definitely order again.
Service and quality of product
I ordered from Greenfish for the first time. Obviously I was nervous as I requested a specific delivery day. Wow, they exceeded my expectations and the product was superb! Thank you Ryan!
On delivery they look beautifully packed frozen
Too early to say but I can't wait to try them I just squeezed them into my small freezer but I need to use up what I have in stock
Wonderful experience. We will repeat the order again and again!! Renette
Thanks again for wonderful seafood over the weekend. Love the packaging. Ordering is so simple and always a treat to open these boxes. Langoustines were amazing!
Fantastic Service and product
thank you very mush. Fresh product. finish already all 3 boxes. thanks again.
Most incredible service!
There is no other company I would use for our seafood. The service is incredible, the Langoustines are incredible!