Langoustine Box | Extra Large | 1.7kg | Caught off Durban
This langoustines box features extra large frozen langoustines . They have been caught in the Indian ocean by vessels departing Durban harbour. They have been frozen at sea at the time of catch. They have been carefully selected for you to enjoy with your family or friends.
Langoustines, have a delicate sweet flavour of the ocean, and are a great addition to elevate any dining experience. These Extra Large lango's are here to impress.
This box is ideal for any langoustines lover to add some variety into their week day cooking or special evening. We have taken care of the mess, you look after the rest.
- Extra Large Langoustines
- 1.6-1.8kg per case, (+- 9-13 units)
Your box will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost (do not thaw under vacuum/pressure), simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
*these langos are caught and frozen at sea to lock in the goodness. They will therefor arrive to you whole. Prawns cannot be butterflied or deveined as this would require us to defrost and refreeze them affecting the quality.
These langoustines are caught off Durban, and are the fishery is currently not assessed by SASSI. However in Mozambique they are listed as RED due to the large amount of by catch involved and poor management.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium
GEAR USED : Trawl
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 1600km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : Medium
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Medium
Chilli Langoustine salad
You will need:
- 1kg langoustines
- 400 ml white wine (or water)
- 50 g fresh breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- 2 lemons
Lemon and Pepper butter
- 100 g butter , softened
- 2 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 lemon
- For the lemon and pepper butter, simply mix the butter, black pepper and the lemon zest with a pinch of sea salt and set aside.
- Heat a grill to high. Combine the langoustines and wine or water in a pan. Bring to the boil, cover, then lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove and cool slightly.
- Place your langoustines, belly-side down, on a chopping board and cut in half lengthways, discarding the black vein in the tail.
- Place, flesh-side up, on a baking tray, top with the lemon butter, sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and drizzle with oil.
- Finely grate the zest from 1 lemon into a bowl and set aside, then halve both lemons. Place the lemon halves on the tray. Grill for 5 to 10 minutes, or until golden – keep an eye on it.
- Serve the langoustines sprinkled with zest and with the grilled lemon.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Excellent servi9ce and product Thank you
Great quality - could not have been fresher or more delicious simply grilled with garlic butter and lemon.
XL langoustines where bigger than expected, mouth watering and had my guests eyes wide open when I brought them to the table. Thank you Greenfish