Yellowtail Fillets | Fresh Fish Box | Wild caught
A DELICATE, FLAVOURFUL SOUTH AFRICAN CLASSIC
The Cape Yellowtail is famed for its high fat content, which makes it one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids of any fish. In South Africa yellowtail are associated with the annual sardine run, when they leave their deep-water spawning grounds to feast. Our yellowtail is low impact, wild caught by artisanal, handline fishermen off Struisbaai, Cape Point and up the west coast.
2 x Yellowtail Fillets (Approx. 1800g-2200g per box)
Or 4 x smaller fillets with total weight of 1800g-2200g*
Or a single fillet cut in half with a total weight of 1800g-2200g*
*product spec may vary depending on the size of the fish we have caught
Your Yellowtail fillets will arrive fresh, simply store in your fridge and use at your leisure (up to 5 days). For home freezing, freeze on the day of arrival, and use within 3 months. Yellowtail flesh colour may change colour from a light white to light brown once frozen (this is normal).
*pin bones are in
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
Yellowtail is a fast breeding, faster growing and highly resilient fish, with unpredictable seasonal migrations. The latest stock assessments conducted by SASSI indicate populations are healthy and not at risk from overfishing. Our yellowtail is caught using artisanal landlines, this highly selective fishing method has a low impact on the marine environment.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Low
GEAR USED : Single line and hook
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 200km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : None
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Very high
Classic Yellowtail Braai
Preparing yellowtail on the braai imparts a smoky flavour that beautifully compliments this delicious fish. Let The Fishwife show you how. You will need:
- 750g Greenfish Yellowtail Fillet, skin on (plus minus 250g per person)
- A few knobs of Butter
- 2-3 teaspoons of crushed Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the fillet on the braai grid skin side down and season with salt and pepper. Spread a few teaspoons of crushed garlic over the fillet and place a couple of knobs of butter on top.
- Place the grid high above the coals on a medium heat and braai skin side down. Cooking on a medium heat high above the coals will prevent the skin from burning. You will see the meat change from translucent pink to white. Cook until you can see this colour change has just gone past halfway (this process will take approximately 15 -18 minutes).
- Flip the grid over so that the flesh side is now above the coals and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes until almost done. When the fillet looks 95% cooked remove from the heat as it will continue to cook once taken off the coals.
- Enjoy with friends!
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
Order before 11am for same-day delivery (Monday to Friday)
Free delivery on all orders over R1,200*
*Free delivery only applies for orders that are in the standard delivery zone.
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
- Collections are free and take place Monday to Friday.
- Orders placed online before 11am will be ready to collect same-day from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Orders placed online after 11am will be made ready for collection the following working day, from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Should you place your order after 11am and need it that day, or need to collect before 11am (Monday to Friday) please contact our office 063 666 2802 and we will get it ready for you, it normally takes us an hour to cut and prepare.
Google Maps Search : Greenfish
Greenfish factory is located in N'Dabeni (Maitland) off Berkley Road turn into Ryger Road. Drive +-300m and the road will bend sharply to the left. We are situated in the bend in a complex called Berkley Square. Ask security for Greenfish Collections. Please park outside the home collection door and ring bell. It is well sign posted. Please park right outside the door.
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Yellowtail Fillets, fresh fish box
I cooked these for the first time. One of my guests is a chef - everyone raved about the yellowtail! I was seriously pleased I'd managed to cook them perfectly too. Excellent quality fish!
Amazing First Buy
Excellent overall experience - service, packaging, helpfulness. And the fish just superb.
The Yellowtail was so fresh and tasty. I fried it in some butter and it came out so good.
We really loved the yellowtail fillets
Great fish & great service!
Amazing - best service and freshest fish in Cape Town!
As usual service excellent. Quality fantastic!
I am so so impressed with everything about my order of yellowtail fish I ordered. I ordered at 11am and 2 hours later it was delivered. The taste of this beautiful fresh fish is amazing. Will definitely be buying on a regular basis. Thanks Greenfish
Simply the best. Down from jhb on holiday and surprised the family with a fish braai. They still can’t stop raving about it. Delivery packaging and taste was exceptional Well done guys. Will order again when I’m back
Had 11 for supper so bought two boxes; only need three of the fillets so another still to look forward to! Everyone raved about the fish and dinner was a huge success. Thankyou.
Delicious, fresh, succulent, best quality Yellowtail fillets - thank you Green Fish - you never disappoint!
The yellowtail was extremely fresh and delicious.
the fish was excellent even our cat thought it was great
Great experiene.Fish was amazing.Perhaps add a section for making a note for deliveries to the delivery team.
I'll let you know after we've eaten it tomorrow.
Smacks of the sea
The yellowtail was excellent and a very worthy main dish for our Christmas seafood feast. Excellent service. Thank you.
We had these for Christmas day on the braai. Fillets were huge and we had leftovers for another meal. As always, the quality was excellent and the fish was cleaned and well presented on delivery. I will be buying this again.
Brilliant service, excellent fish
Same day as promised despite road closures and other challenges for the driver. Even arranged a last minute change to my delivery address with super helpful person on duty. And the fish is fresh and delicious .
Great service! ,Great taste!
Absolute great service. Fresh fish! Would recommend any time! Never dissappinted!