Swordfish Steaks | Fresh Fish Box | Wild caught
AN ICONIC FISH WITH A DELICIOUS FLAVOUR
Known for its distinctive sword-shaped bill, the swordfish is an elusive, solitary, and powerful oceanic apex predator. It is as sought after for for its delicious, mildly sweet flavour. Swordfish travel great distances in search of prey and ours are caught off Cape Point by fishermen leaving from Table Bay.
2x Fresh Swordfish Steaks (approx. 800g-950g per box) Serves 4
Your swordfish steaks will arrive fresh, simply store in your fridge and use at your leisure (up to 5 days). For home freezing, freeze on the day of arrival, and use within 3 months. Swordfish flesh colour may change colour from a light white to light brown once frozen (this is normal).
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
Because of its appeal to both sport fishermen and chefs alike, swordfish have been overfished for a long time. And while SASSI regards the Atlantic Ocean population as sustainable, there are strict regulations on who may catch these fish using the longline fishing method. All our swordfish is sourced from a small fleet of local owned and operated licensed fishing vessels allowed to bring in this type of catch.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium high
GEAR USED : Pelagic longline / bycatch of demersal longline
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 50km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : Medium high
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Medium
Golden Pan-seared Swordfish Steaks
If you’re wondering how to prepare your swordfish, our partner site The Fishwife has shared this simple four ingredient recipe. You will need:
- 2 Swordfish steaks
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Remove swordfish steaks from packaging and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add butter to a pan or skillet on a medium-high heat and allow to melt.
- Sear the steaks for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest in a separate dish for 1 minute before serving.
- Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy with a squeeze of lemon if desired.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
Order before 11am for same-day delivery (Monday to Friday)
Free delivery on all orders over R1,200*
*Free delivery only applies for orders that are in the standard delivery zone.
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
- Collections are free and take place Monday to Friday.
- Orders placed online before 11am will be ready to collect same-day from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Orders placed online after 11am will be made ready for collection the following working day, from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Should you place your order after 11am and need it that day, or need to collect before 11am (Monday to Friday) please contact our office 063 666 2802 and we will get it ready for you, it normally takes us an hour to cut and prepare.
Google Maps Search : Greenfish
Greenfish factory is located in N'Dabeni (Maitland) off Berkley Road turn into Ryger Road. Drive +-300m and the road will bend sharply to the left. We are situated in the bend in a complex called Berkley Square. Ask security for Greenfish Collections. Please park outside the home collection door and ring bell. It is well sign posted. Please park right outside the door.
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Could not be better. 2 very sizable steaks delivered within 2 hours from ordering. Extremely high quality, vacuum packed and delivered with ice. I will definitely be ordering again
High quality product
The swordfish was awesome. The service was wonderful as always.
Really nice fresh steaks
The steaks were really fresh , I cooked a very tasty swordfish pasta from them .
So fresh and delicious! Nicely packed and delivered at my doorstep in a few hours.
I made a carpaccio which was super - the firm texture and clean taste was perfect. Also excellent as a steak pan fried in butter and olive oil. 5 stars for flavour and texture.
Well packaged, super fresh and wonderful taste. Pieter
Sword fish fresh
Absolute deliciously fresh
Was so fresh. Nice portions. Made the meal fantastic.
Was so fresh. NIce portions.Made the meal fantastic.
SWORD FISH STEAKS FRESH FISH BOX
Excellent - pure satisfaction
Brought both the sword fish and cape salmon yesterday Cooked for my husband a caper/anchovies/mustard sauce & panfried both fish while I sticked to having them as sashimi since the fish is super fresh. No photo taken sorry as we realized after we are half way through the meal.
The steaks were really very good. Fresh and easy to prepare. I’d much prefer to see GreenFish using less single-use plastic in the delivery of their fish.
Fresh Swordfish steaks
Absolutely delicious! Smacked of the sea. Very important not to overcook.
Delivery was quick (this is normal), packaging excellent (also normal), and quality very good! We ate these on the day I bought them and everyone loved it.
More than satisfied. Fresh Fresh Fresh - even an unexperienced cook cannot mess this up. Impossible to do. There is not room for "mess-up" because of excellence of product
I love swordfish an this best I've ever had.
Exquisitively fresh and delicious. Delivered on time as always. The packaging cannot be faulted.
It remains a crowd pleaser. I should have ordered 2 boxes.
The Swordfish steaks were delivered packed with ice bags to keep them cold. I grilled the fish in my air fryer and it turned out delicious. Luckily I bought 2 packets and am looking forward to my next fish meal