Tuna Sushi Block | Fresh Fish Box | Wild caught
A TASTE OF TOKYO IN YOUR KITCHEN
Our wild caught yellowfin tuna sushi block can help transform your kitchen into a sushi bar. Perfect for classic sashimi or nigiri, or to experiment with new flavour combinations. Discover the versatility of this globally popular fish famed for its meaty flavour profile. Besides being rich in cholesterol busting Omega-3 fatty acids, yellowfin tuna also contains manganese, zinc, vitamin C and selenium, which all help to fortify your immune system and protect from illness. All our yellowfin tuna is individually caught off Cape Point using pole and line fishing methods. Fresh yellowfin tuna should never be overcooked, it is at its best lightly grilled, fried or served raw.
1x Fresh Yellowfin Tuna Sushi Block (Approx. 1700g - 1900g per box)
InstructionsYour yellowfin sushi block will arrive fresh, simply store in your fridge, and use at your leisure (up to 5 days). For home freezing, freeze on the day of arrival, and use within 3 months. Yellowfin tuna flesh colour may change colour from a light pink to light brown once frozen (this is normal).
All our Yellowfin Tuna is caught with a pole and line (one fish at a time) by fishermen in the cold waters off Cape Point. This method of catch is rated green by SASSI with zero bycatch and least possible impact on ocean ecology.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Low
GEAR USED : Single line and hook / Pole caught
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 50km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : None
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Very high
Yellowfin Tuna Poke Bowl
Poke (Poh-kay) bowls are raw fish salads of Hawaiian origin. Healthy, delicious and easy to make. Try this one from fishwife.co.za. You will need:
- 400g (plus minus) Greenfish Sushi Grade Yellowfin Tuna
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- Half a small Red Onion (julienned)
- 4 Baby Spring Onions (finely chopped)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 Thumb Ginger (grated)
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Avocado
- Half a Medium Heat Chili (optional)
- Micro Herbs (optional)
- Garnish with Edible Flowers (optional)
- Dry the Yellowfin Tuna off with paper towel and set aside on a chopping board.
- In a dry pan on medium heat, add the Sesame Seeds and Pine Nuts and toast until nice and golden. Remove from the pan and set aside in a bowl to cool down.
- Cut the Tuna across the grain into small bite size cubes. Cutting across the grain will allow the tuna to fall apart and melt in your mouth. Avoid using the pieces by the tail as they can contain sinew.
- Combine the toasted Sesame Seeds, Pine Nuts, Red Onion, Spring Onions, Ginger, Garlic, Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil and Chilli in a large bowl.
- Add the Tuna cubes and mix through evenly until well coated with the marinade.
- Cut the Avocado into cubes and gently toss through the marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving to allow the Tuna to absorb the flavours.
- Serve in a bowl topped with Micro Herbs and Edible Flowers for a pop of colour.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
More than excellent
Multiple dishes from one fantastic Tuna Sushi Block
Delivered fresh to Paarl. As fresh as one could expect! We prepared this top class block in three styles. Some wanted it plainly pan fried, some wanted it underdone with Teriyaki marinade and some wanted seared fillets with the Japanese 7 spice, which was included as a bonus with the sale. What a treat! Order and delivery was top class, as usual. Thank you Greenfish!
Brilliant fresh tuna
We often get tuna and this was the first time we tried Greenfish. It was delivered within a few hours of ordering and was a well trimmed tuna block. It was amongst the best we've had and we will certainly order again.
Tuna Sushi Block review.
It was of high standard and good quality. I used it for sashimi and the end result on the plate was excellent. I will definitely make use of Greenfish again for future purchases. I knew Greenfish has a good reputation but as a first buyer the company has exceeded my expectations to the highest degree.
6* Tuna block!!
Always a pleasure dealing with Ryan and his team, and the Tuna was enjoyed for a couple of days for sashimi and seared tuna steaks in the pan
Beautiful fresh tuna, it doesn't get any better than this. Always a pleasure purchasing from Greenfish and supporting the local sustainable fishing industry.
Outstanding quality, presentation and service from Ryan and the Greenfish team. Thank you!
Delicious tuna. Cut some up for sushi and the rest into steaks.
My kind of gorgeous hunk
What an awesome piece of tuna! (The hunk of your dreams - big, meaty, tender… I could go on.) It provided a big square log for an elegantly proportioned dish of tuna tataki, two large steaks (each will serve 2 people) and generous offcuts for poke bowls.
Tuna Sushi Block
Amazing quality - any fresher and it would still be swimming!
Sushi night done right!
What a remarkable experience! From same-day delivery to an evening well spent with friends making some awesome sushi. The tuna block was extremely fresh and tender and really went a long way to making a huge sushi feast! It’s fair to say that this one is a real 5 star winner!!!
Delicious freshest tuna!
The most amazing fish
Wow I have never had fish this fresh in my life. It is totally amazing. I am a customer for life ❤️
Great service, excellent quality
very very good. And we love the sustainability behind Greenfish
All that was missing was the Geisha
When the tuna arrived I had the sushi rice ready and opened the sake. The shashimi was wonderful and I doubt that the million dollar tuna they buy in the Tokyo could taste better. An excellent fresh product and with a minimum of labour and a bottle of sake a meal you would pay a fortune for. Brilliant
This is my favourite Greenfish product. So good and the service from Greenfish continues to be excellent. Yum to the tuna. Do yourself a favour and try it!
Fantastic, really good
If I need fish, the first place I go will be GREENSFISH! Never been disappointed!
Awesome fresh tuna, will definitely be ordering again :)