Organic Salmon Fillet | Fresh Box | Cultivated | 2kg
CERTIFIED ORGANIC ACCORDING TO EU REGULATIONS
For salmon to be certified organic every stage of the farming process needs to subscribe to stringent regulations imposed by the EU. This relates to the size of the farms versus population size, the nature of the feed and its sustainability, as well as constant measurement of the impact salmon farming has on the surrounding environment. We know this sounds very technical, but all you really need to know is we supply high quality, environmentally sustainable and delicious salmon to your door.
1 x Certified Organic Norwegian Salmon Fillet (approx. 1.9kg - 2.2kg per fillet)
Your fillet will arrive fresh after pin bones have been removed and the fish is scaled by the Greenfish team. Simply store in your fridge and use at your leisure (up to 5 days). For home freezing, freeze on the day of arrival, and use within 3 months.
Certified Organic by DABIO. Our Norwegian salmon is cultivated according to stringent regulations which ensure that this fish has a lower carbon footprint than both beef and pork. The farms are found in environmentally suitable locations, and the population is maintained at 2.5% salmon to 97.5% water to ensure the fish are not overcrowded. No routine antibiotics are used on this salmon and up to 70% of feed is made from vegetable sources. To further offset carbon emissions due to transport, Greenfish commits to plant one tree for every ten boxes of salmon sold.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Low
GEAR USED : Aquaculture
SUPPORTING LOCALS : No
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 5000km+
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : None
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Very high
Baked Organic Salmon
This recipe involves baking the salmon between two pieces of parchment paper and can be prepared in 30 minutes. You will need:
- 500g of Greenfish Organic Salmon
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Oregano with plenty of sage French Grey Salt
- 3 sprigs of Thyme
- Parchment paper
- Place the salmon on a large piece of parchment paper.
- Zest the lemon and set aside to use for another recipe or sprinkle on the salmon. Squeeze half of the lemon over the salmon and slice the other half into thin circles. Add two or three slices on top of the fish. Add two or three sprigs of thyme.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of avocado or olive oil on the salmon or use a brush to coat the fish with the oil.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon or tablespoon of Oregano with 1 teaspoon of your best sea salt over the fish.
- Fold two side of the paper toward the middle and then fold the other two sides together and crease the edges to seal. To ensure the parchment paper will stay closed, use two toothpicks. Look for toothpicks without color or the dye can bleed onto the fish. You can also place the fish with the seam down to ensure it stays closed.
- Use a cast iron skillet if you have one so the fish will cook more evenly. Place in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 12-15 minutes depending on the thickness.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Serve warm. Enjoy!
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Beautiful side which yielded a generous 1kg centre-cut block for fragrant, tenderly waxy gravadlax and another kilo of thinner parts to freeze for other uses later.
Perfect! Thank you!
Very delicious. An amazing product. Thank you for the prompt service.
Fresh, perfect packed / outstanding quality
Fresh and high quality. Very fast delivery i am very impressed.
The Norwegian Salmon Fillet was huge. I cut it into steaks and froze some, but the pieces we ate fresh were delicious, very reminiscent of Alaska salmon, fatty and firm. I would definitely buy this treat again.
Top quality service and fish
Outstanding Service! I ordered late on Wednesday evening and the Salmon arrived on Thursday, lunch time.Beautifully wrapped. For a Dinner Party tomorrow. Thank you Theresa Player Alexander Private Chef
Awesome - very convenient
Very satisfied, thank you
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!! BEST ONLINE SHOP!
Fresh and organic. What more could we ask for?
All I can say is WOW!! What an unbelievable experience; I was seriously sad when my meal came to an end. The salmon was absolutely delicious and well worth the cost!
From the service to the salmon I was blown away with Green Fish! It was the first time using this service and being a chef it exceeded all expectations! Thank you to the team will definitely be utilising you again.
Amazing - just devoured a plate of sashimi cut from a beautiful fillet - amazing colour, perfect marbling , and absolutely melty deliciousness!