Fresh box | King Trout Fillets | Farmed on the West Coast
This fresh box features 2x King Trout fillets. Ocean raised trout is a great alternative to imported salmon, as it supports local jobs and arrives at your door fresher than a fish that has had to fly around the world, therefor having a lower its carbon footprint. You get the same great taste of the ocean with out taking a fish from the sea.. We have carefully selected this for you to enjoy with your family or friends.
- 2 x King Trout Fillets ( +_?g-?g per fillet)
This box is ideal for any fish lover to add some variety into their week day cooking or on the braai. We have taken care of the mess, you look after the rest. Your fish will arrive in individual vacuum packs, to make it easy to use at home.
Your box will arrive fresh, simply store in your fridge and use at your leisure (up to 5 days). For home freezing, freeze on the day of arrival, and use within 3 months.
*pin bones are in
Lemon Pepper Ocean Trout
The Fishwife is here to share a delicious recipe. You will need:
- 1 ocean trout fillet
- 1 small lemon (zest and juice)
- 2-3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp origanum
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper corns
- Open the ocean trout packaging and pat the fish dry with paper towel on both sides.
- Cut the fish into portion sizes and set aside.
- In a dish big enough to marinade your fish, combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, oreganum, salt and pepper.
- Place the fish pieces in the marinade and cover with cling film. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and flip the pieces over, cover and refrigerate for a further 10 minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with Cook and Spray and place the pieces of ocean trout on the tray, skin side down.
- Spoon the remaining marinade over each piece of fish until they are covered nicely.
- Grill on a high heat, second rack from the top for approximately 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for a minute before serving.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.