Hake Fillets | Fresh Fish Box | 1.5kg | Caught off Cape Point
Hake, also called stock fish is a great staple for every home kitchen as a weekday meal or a traditional Friday fish and chips.
This box is ideal for any fish lover to add some variety into their week day cooking. We have taken care of the mess, you look after the rest.Your fish will arrive individually vacuum packed, to make it easy to use at home.
Hake fillets( +_1.4 - 1.6kg kg per box)*Hake will vary in size, you will receive 2-4 hake fillet pieces. We endeavour to always give great home size cuts where possible.The fish will be scaled, with skin on and some small bones may remain.
Your box will arrive fresh, simply store in your fridge and use at your leisure (up to 5 days). For home freezing, freeze on the day of arrival, and use within 3 months.
While hake is a slow growing fish, they are serial spawners, and this makes them incredibly resilient to fishing pressures. In fact, even hake caught through trawling is rated green by SASSI, but in line with our commitment to doing the least harm possible we exclusively source our hake from long line fishermen, for the most ecologically friendly catch possible. And better quality than trawlers.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium
GEAR USED : Demersal longline
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 50km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : Low
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : High
Pan fried Hake with lemon and butter sauce
You will need:
- 4 x 150g hake fillets, skin on and boned
- 1 tablesp. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 50g butter
- ½ lemon, pips removed
- 1 tablesp. chopped mixed herbs (parsley, chives and tarragon)
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the seasoned hake fillets, skin side down.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until the skin is just beginning to crisp, then add little knobs of butter to the pan around each hake fillet and cook for another minute until the skin is crisp.
- Turn the hake fillets over and cook for another 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
- This will depend on the thickness of the fillets. Transfer to warmed plates while you make the sauce.
- Add the rest of the butter to the frying pan and allow it to gently melt over a moderate heat.
- When it has melted, add a squeeze of lemon juice and the herbs, swirling to combine.
- Season to taste.
- Spoon this sauce over the hake fillets and serve with steamed broccoli and some sautéed new potatoes.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
very easy and delicious
As always, great quality
Great quality fish as always. Loved it! Will order again.
Beautifully packed and quick delivery.
I don’t like cutting up fish so I should have ordered it in pieces. But great if doing on the braai!
Awesome and fresh. Thank you
We simply fried in a little butter with a sprinkling of seasoning and lemon juice. Soooo delicious. Definitely doing this again!
Thank you Greenfish for very nice fresh hake, so versatile for many recipes and enjoyed by us all. Also always appreciate the excellent service and quality of the products purchased.
Extremely fresh! Very happy with my purchase.
Extremely fresh! Very happy with my purchase.
Thank you so much Ryan and team, Everything is just perfect See you next week!!
All this fish came beautifully prepared, vacuum packed and with freezer pack. Incredible value these items should feed us for 10 days in all! Fast and safe delivery every time too. Well done again Greenfish!!
Well worth every cent. Absolutely delicious.
Dear Greenfish I would like to commend you on your excellent service yesterday. Ordered placed the morning and a few hours later I got my 2 boxes, neatly packaged and delivered by the most friendly driver. I got no funny surprises, big portions and real value for money. I am definitely hooked!
Truly great service with wonderful fresh fish. Can recommend with great confidence. Mandy
Beautifully packaged, Fresh and succulent.
Well packed, and easy to cut. I should have bought it pre cut though.
Highly recommend the products offered by GreenFish. We have been purchasing since lockdown last year and have always been pleased with the quality and service delivery. What makes the offering particularly attractive is the mix between fresh and frozen and the labelling on each giving one peace of mind that the source and methods used are known.
I placed my first order with Greenfish and m very happy with the quality of the products I received and the order was delivered very speedily. I will definitely order from this business again.