Hake Fillets | Fresh Fish Box | 1.5kg | Caught off Cape Point
Hake, also called stock fish is a great staple for every home kitchen as a weekday meal or a traditional Friday fish and chips.
This box is ideal for any fish lover to add some variety into their week day cooking. We have taken care of the mess, you look after the rest.Your fish will arrive individually vacuum packed, to make it easy to use at home.
Hake fillets( +_1.4 - 1.6kg kg per box)*Hake will vary in size, you will receive 2-4 hake fillet pieces. We endeavour to always give great home size cuts where possible.The fish will be scaled, with skin on and some small bones may remain.
Your Hake fillets will arrive fresh, simply store in your fridge and use at your leisure (up to 5 days). For home freezing, freeze on the day of arrival, and use within 3 months.
*pin bones are in
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
While hake is a slow growing fish, they are serial spawners, and this makes them incredibly resilient to fishing pressures. In fact, even hake caught through trawling is rated green by SASSI, but in line with our commitment to doing the least harm possible we exclusively source our hake from long line fishermen, for the most ecologically friendly catch possible. And better quality than trawlers.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium
GEAR USED : Demersal longline
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 50km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : Low
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : High
Pan fried Hake with lemon and butter sauce
You will need:
- 4 x 150g hake fillets, skin on and boned
- 1 tablesp. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 50g butter
- ½ lemon, pips removed
- 1 tablesp. chopped mixed herbs (parsley, chives and tarragon)
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the seasoned hake fillets, skin side down.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until the skin is just beginning to crisp, then add little knobs of butter to the pan around each hake fillet and cook for another minute until the skin is crisp.
- Turn the hake fillets over and cook for another 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
- This will depend on the thickness of the fillets. Transfer to warmed plates while you make the sauce.
- Add the rest of the butter to the frying pan and allow it to gently melt over a moderate heat.
- When it has melted, add a squeeze of lemon juice and the herbs, swirling to combine.
- Season to taste.
- Spoon this sauce over the hake fillets and serve with steamed broccoli and some sautéed new potatoes.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Best quality hake from GreenFish, Plus 6 stars customers service. Thank you Greenfish.
Good service and delicious fish!!
The service from purchasing the hake to its delivery was good. The texture of the fish was still really good even after being defrosted.
Lovely and fresh
Bought fish online on a saturday night
Delivered fresh to my door on Monday! I was delighted and surprised at the efficiency. I loved that i didnt have to be concerned about when my order would be delivered. Neatly packaged, quality freshness and i will definitely order again! Thank you Greenfish!
Great fish, and I really appreciated the ecofriendly carton box in which they were delivered, and the fact that I can return them for re-use. Thank you for taking note of my concern about the boxes!
Quite possibly my favourite brand
You have a fantastic product and service. Really really so impressed.
Excellent quality, so fresh
Excellent....the hake was fresh and delivery perfect.... Will definitely re order thank you
So fresh and great service thank you. Will be ordering again.
Super fresh hake!
Hake was super fresh and well packaged with the ice pack still frozen. Very impressed. Made Thai fish cakes for the first time, so delish, and the 1.5 kg's allowed me to freeze a batch for another day. Will definitely buy again.
Excellent quality fish
I am so happy with my purchase! The fish is clean and fresh and so neatly presented. Also very happy that I am not contributing to overfishing which is HUGE for me. Thank you!
All I can say is WOW
Firstly, I ordered this and it arrived the same day! As soon as I got it I popped it into the freezer. The day I planned to cook it I let it defrost and then I grilled it in the oven - You won’t believe when I tell you how soft this fish was. It flaked beautifully on its own as I pulled it out the oven. Seriously amazing value. I will 100% be a returning customer.
Hake was yummy
very easy and delicious
Awesome service, yummy and fresh fish
As always, great quality
Great quality fish
Great quality fish as always. Loved it! Will order again.
Beautifully packed and quick delivery.
Fresh & clean
I don’t like cutting up fish so I should have ordered it in pieces. But great if doing on the braai!