Fresh box | Cape Salmon Fillets | Caught in Struisbaai
This Cape Salmon, also called Geelbek has been locally and sustainably caught by our artisanal handline fisherman, one hook, one line, one fish at a time. We have carefully selected for you to enjoy with your family or friends.
2 x Cape Salmon Fillets ( +_900g-1200g per box )
Your box will arrive fresh, simply store in your fridge and use at your leisure (up to 5 days). For home freezing, freeze on the day of arrival, and use within 3 months. Cape Salmon flesh colour may change colour from a light white to light brown once frozen (this is normal).
Cape Salmon Braai
Preparing Cape Salmon on the braai imparts a smoky flavour that beautifully compliments this delicious fish. Let The Fishwife show you how. You will need:
- Greenfish Cape Salmon Fillets, skin on
- A few knobs of Butter
- 2-3 teaspoons of crushed Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the fillets on the braai grid skin side down and season with salt and pepper. Spread a few teaspoons of crushed garlic over the fillet and place a couple of knobs of butter on top.
- Place the grid high above the coals on a medium heat and braai skin side down. Cooking on a medium heat high above the coals will prevent the skin from burning. You will see the meat change from translucent pink to white. Cook until you can see this colour change has just gone past halfway (this process will take approximately 10 -15 minutes).
- Flip the grid over so that the flesh side is now above the coals and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes until almost done. When the fillet looks 95% cooked remove from the heat as it will continue to cook once taken off the coals.
- Enjoy with friends!
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Speedy delivery. Fish is really fresh. This fish is best made in a breyani. Yummy...
So rewarding to have the amazingly fresh cape salmon and tuna delivered right to your doorstep in a brilliant cold polystyrene box keeping it fresh all the way. And the feedback as your driver brings it to you - what a pleasure. I cannot applaud Greenfish enough for freshness delishness and service. Well done
I had ordered Cape Salmon and received Yellowtail instead which we cooked and was delicious. I let Greenfish know about this and on the Monday unbeknown to me they arrived with a box of fresh Cape Salmon Fillets at no cost to me. The fish was beautifully filleted and as usual as fresh as can be. Outstanding service as per usual.
Since finding this online Fishmonger, we have had NO issues. From the easy online platform to delivery its was been great. The Cape Salmon was as fresh as you can get and massive, 2.1kg. We requested for it to be gutted and scaled only and this was amazingly executed, there no need to scale when it arrived. The packaging had ice packs to keep it fresh which was an amazing added touch to ensure quality, the fish itself was tasty. We will definitely purchase this again.
Excellent service, fresh fish was amazing - I'm a fan, Greenfish is my "go to" now for all my fish
Amazing same day delivery, beautifully packed. Cooked the Cape salmon last night, really tasty and will use this company again
Overall experience fantastic! Only negative point is it is expensive, but if you want quality, Greenfish is the best option in Cape Town. The service is also the best I have experienced in CT
I ordered Cape Salmon for delivery on 31 December. I was really impressed with the whole process where I was kept informed about my order from ordering to delivery. The fish is delivered in a box which included a sachet of frozen ice. The fish requires no further preparation other than just adding your favourite spices. I highly recommend Greenfish and I will definitely continue to support business
Absolutely delicious and excellent service as always.
Awesome experience. I was nervous buying fish online, but Green Fish are excellent. The fish arrived fresh and clean. It made preparing a meal easy. As long as the fish stays this fresh, I will definitely be buying more.
Speedy delivery, lovely packaging and delicious fresh fish - thank you. I am loving the Greenfish experience
My favourite fish is Geelbek and it was excellent. Thank you for such fresh fish, caught sustainably, it is a privilege to be able to purchase and enjoy this.