Fresh box | Black Bream | Caught in Table Bay
These fish have been locally and sustainably caught by our artisanal handline fisherman, one hook, one line, one fish at a time. We have carefully selected for you to enjoy with your family or friends.
2 x Whole Black Bream ( +_700g-900g per fish )
Your box will arrive fresh, simply store in your fridge and use at your leisure (up to 5 days). For home freezing, freeze on the day of arrival, and use within 3 months.
"Linefishing, South Africa - Traditional linefishing uses rod and reel or handline equipment operated from small skiboats and deckboats. Linefishing is a relatively selective fishing method with few impacts on the marine environment and little incidental bycatch." SASSI webpage
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Low
GEAR USED : Single line and hook
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 20km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : None
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Very high
Whole Baked Black Bream
The Fishwife is here to share a delicious recipe. You will need:
- 1 whole black bream (600 - 900g)
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp chopped Chilli
- 1 tsp course salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp fish spice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 a lemon, sliced
- Combine the parsley, chives, garlic, salt, pepper, fish spice and olive oil to make a marinade.
- Dry the fish on both sides and score diagonally, about 1cm deep.
- Rub the marinade on both sides of the fish, working into the scored areas.
- Rub some of the remaining marinade on the inside of the fish and stuff the cavity with lemon slices.
- Place in a greased baking pan and cook at 220 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy hot from the pan!
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
This was the first time we've had black bream... The fish was excellent. So fresh, it just flaked apart. Will definitely buy it again.
A pack of two large bream arrived same day as ordered. Makes a great supper roasted whole in the oven. Fish was clean and scaled as requested, so easy to prepare. Happy to recommend and worth snapping up when you see it, as it’s not always available.
Very fresh. Made an amazing fish curry. Stunning!
Very fresh. will braai tomorrow. You are the BEST
Thank you Greenfish for introducing me to black bream. It was extremely fresh and tasty and easy to cook. Wonderful fish, wonderful service!
Very speedy and efficient service, with same-day delivery even though I was only expecting it to arrive the following day. We baked the bream whole (perfectly scaled and gutted by the team at greenfish) following the recipe on the fishwife site, and it was delicious! Will definitely be buying again soon.
Definitely quality and packaged well. Will definitely support Greenfish again. Thank you!
Thank you for the amazing quality of the fish
Very good, made in the oven using the Fish Wife's recipe!
We enjoyed the very fresh and tasty fish!