Fresh box | Angel Fish Fillets | Caught off Cape Point
This angel fish has been locally caught by fishermen departing from Cape Town harbour, fishing in the cool deep waters of the Atlantic Ocean off Cape Point. We have carefully selected for you to enjoy with your family or friends.
2 x Angel Fillets ( +_900g-1100g per box ) (perfect to serve 4)
Your box will arrive fresh, simply store in your fridge and use at your leisure (up to 5 days). For home freezing, freeze on the day of arrival, and use within 3 months.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium
GEAR USED : Demersal longline
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 50km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : Low
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : High
Garlic and Herb Pan Fried Angel Fish
The Fishwife is here to share a delicious recipe. You will need:
- 4 x Greenfish Angel Fish Fillets (pin boned)
- 2 x lemons or 6 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 x garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 2 teaspoon dried Mixed Herbs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- In glass dish add the juice of two lemons, minced garlic cloves, herbs, salt and pepper and cover the fish fillets with the marinade on both sides.
- Leave covered in the fridge for approximately half an hour.
- In a frying pan add the butter and olive oil and heat the pan on a high heat.
- Add the fish to the sizzling pan (reduce the heat to medium).
- Allow the fish to cook for approximately 3-5 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Baste the fish with the butter and olive oil frequently while cooking.
- Fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
The item was gorgeous, but the fillets hadn’t been pinboned.
I ordered all 3 boxes at 12h40 on Friday. I was totally surprised that my order was delivered the same evening - I definitely did not expect that. Outstanding service! The fish looks amazing and is beautifully packaged. Thanks Greenfish!!
Great service Ryan - never disappointed
We pan fried the Angelfish with butter - , salt , lemon and black pepper added afterwards - it was outstanding some of the most delicious fish I have ever eaten. Well done Greenfish - your quality continues to impress!
Amazing value for money. 4 Large fillets and beautifully fresh. I’ll definitely order again.
Always a pleasure to have Greenfish deliver as I know we are in for days of beautiful seafood meals
Amazing experience and fish super fresh. excellent service. thanks again
Value for money
Fresh and tasty
Everytime I ordered the delivery was service was excellent and the fish was fresh and very nice. Will order over and over from them. Thank you so much for your good service.