Greenfish Box | Foursome
VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
A frozen combo box featuring swordfish, kingklip, dorado, sea bass, hake, and butterfish. This is the perfect box for the fish lover who craves variety, or for those looking to better understand the unique flavours each fish presents. We go to great lengths to ensure all fish in this box is sourced with the lowest possible impact on their populations and the general ocean ecology.
- Marlin (4 x steaks)
- Kingklip (4 x portions or 1 x Fillet)
- Dorado (4 x portions)
- Sea Bass (2 x fillets ~ 360-400g each)
- Hake (4 x portions or 2 x Fillets)
- Butterfish (4 x portions)
Your box will arrive frozen with individually wrapped fillets for convenience. Simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost (do not thaw under vacuum/pressure), simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
Whether caught by Greenfish or sourced from local fisherman, all the products in this box have been carefully selected to ensure the lowest possible impact on fish populations and ocean ecology. We go to great lengths to ensure that our catch does as little harm as possible and we are always searching for new ways to make our procurement more sustainable.
The Whitefish All-rounder
While you can find individual recipes for each type of fish at The Fishwife, we thought we would share a great all-round white fish recipe with you. You will need:
- 4 good-sized firm white fish fillets
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Juice and zest from 1 medium lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly chopped basil or parsley leaves, for garnish and flavour
- extra lemon slices for serving
- Use paper towels to thoroughly pat-dry excess moisture from fish fillets – this step is crucial for fish to brown nicely in pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine melted butter, lemon juice and zest, and 1/2 tsp kosher salt. Stir to combine well. Taste and add a bit more kosher salt, if desired.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 tsp kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Evenly press spice mixture onto all sides of fish fillets.
- In a large, heavy pan over medium high heat, heat up the olive oil until hot. Once your oil is sizzling, cook 2 fish fillets at a time to avoid overcrowding (allows for even browning.) Cook each side just until fish becomes opaque, feels somewhat firm in the center, and is browned – lightly drizzle some of the lemon butter sauce as you cook, reserving the rest for serving. Take care not to over-cook, as that will result in a tougher texture. Season with extra kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve fish with the remaining lemon butter sauce, basil or parsley, and lemon wedges.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
I haven't had a moment to try all of the fish just yet, but the fish we have had so far has been outstanding quality! Super fresh and full of flavour. Never going to buy from a franchise grocer ever again and just from Greenfish. Blown away every time we cook a new fish!
the fish was great but I was concerned by the amount of brine/water in the individual packages. It seemed a bit much.
We are extremely happy the fish has been awesome. Thank you so much
Delivered same day, great quality
Delivery was quick Fish was fresh, well cleaned and very well packed. Great variety