Crayfish Tails | Extra Large | Frozen Box | Wild Caught | x8
THE ICONIC WEST COAST FAVOURITE
The west coast rock lobster is endemic to the west coast of South Africa and is a truly iconic seafood favourite all along the coast. Whether they are steamed, grilled or braaied there is no denying their deliciousness. Unfortunately, this coupled with the longevity and slow growth of the species has led to severe overfishing which has depleted the population. That is why we only source our crayfish from licensed cray fisherman who comply with the stringent harvesting restrictions imposed on this delicious crustacean.
8 x Extra Large Crayfish tails
Each unit is 110-129g
Box size 920-960g (Ave Box +-950g)
Your Crayfish tails will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost, simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
The west coast rock lobster populations are currently under pressure and we only source ours from licensed fishermen who harvest legally against strict quotas and size limits that have been issued by the department of fisheries. They are also offloaded under the watchful eye of the departments inspectors they weigh and record all stock harvested. The style of harvest by ring nets/traps is very selective and has almost no by catch and causes little to no damage on bottom habitats.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium
GEAR USED : Ring net
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 100km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : None
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Medium
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
Order before 11am for same-day delivery (Monday to Friday)
Free delivery on all orders over R1,200*
*Free delivery only applies for orders that are in the standard delivery zone.
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
- Collections are free and take place Monday to Friday.
- Orders placed online before 11am will be ready to collect same-day from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Orders placed online after 11am will be made ready for collection the following working day, from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Should you place your order after 11am and need it that day, or need to collect before 11am (Monday to Friday) please contact our office 063 666 2802 and we will get it ready for you, it normally takes us an hour to cut and prepare.
Google Maps Search : Greenfish
Greenfish factory is located in N'Dabeni (Maitland) off Berkley Road turn into Ryger Road. Drive +-300m and the road will bend sharply to the left. We are situated in the bend in a complex called Berkley Square. Ask security for Greenfish Collections. Please park outside the home collection door and ring bell. It is well sign posted. Please park right outside the door.
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Excellent in quality and service
Excellent in quality and service
Delivery on time and crayfish tails were excellent eating