Duo Box | 6 Types of Fish | Frozen Box | Wild caught
VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
A frozen combo box featuring swordfish, kingklip, dorado, sea bass, hake, and butterfish. This is the perfect box for the fish lover who craves variety, or for those looking to better understand the unique flavours each fish presents. We go to great lengths to ensure all fish in this box is sourced with the lowest possible impact on their populations and the general ocean ecology.
- Marlin (2 x 200g steaks)
- Kingklip (2 x 200g portions or 1 x Fillet)
- Dorado (2 x 200g portions)
- Sea Bass (1 x fillet Approx. 360-400g)
- Hake (2 x 200g portions or 1 x 400g Fillet)
- Butterfish (2 x 200g portions)
Your Duo box will arrive frozen with individually wrapped fillets for convenience. Simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost (do not thaw under vacuum/pressure), simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
Whether caught by Greenfish or sourced from local fisherman, all the products in this box have been carefully selected to ensure the lowest possible impact on fish populations and ocean ecology. We go to great lengths to ensure that our catch does as little harm as possible and we are always searching for new ways to make our procurement more sustainable.
The Whitefish All-rounder
While you can find individual recipes for each type of fish at The Fishwife, we thought we would share a great all-round white fish recipe with you. You will need:
- 4 good-sized firm white fish fillets
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Juice and zest from 1 medium lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly chopped basil or parsley leaves, for garnish and flavour
- extra lemon slices for serving
- Use paper towels to thoroughly pat-dry excess moisture from fish fillets – this step is crucial for fish to brown nicely in pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine melted butter, lemon juice and zest, and 1/2 tsp kosher salt. Stir to combine well. Taste and add a bit more kosher salt, if desired.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 tsp kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Evenly press spice mixture onto all sides of fish fillets.
- In a large, heavy pan over medium high heat, heat up the olive oil until hot. Once your oil is sizzling, cook 2 fish fillets at a time to avoid overcrowding (allows for even browning.) Cook each side just until fish becomes opaque, feels somewhat firm in the center, and is browned – lightly drizzle some of the lemon butter sauce as you cook, reserving the rest for serving. Take care not to over-cook, as that will result in a tougher texture. Season with extra kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve fish with the remaining lemon butter sauce, basil or parsley, and lemon wedges.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
I would most definitely give 5 stars but I found that the Kingklip portions were not completely frozen. We had them for dinner this evening and absolutely delicious. Will definitely order again.
This is our 4th order of the Duo Box. The portions are perfect for two. A variety of 6 fish and if there's a fish you're not that keen on swop for something you like in the box. The meat is always firm, we've had not complaints. Works perfectly for us and will continue to order. We normally add the salmon portions and the mussels to this order and we're set for 10 meals. Highly recommend.
This is my wife's favourite product and we have ordered it several times already. We liked the quality and variety of this package.
Fresh and Efficient
Extremely satisfied with the order, delivery and quality
My wife and I have had several of these packages and have enjoyed the variety. Ideal for couples.
I'm loving the experience so far! The fish arrived in a sealed styrofoam box to prevent melting during delivery. The portions are generous (enough for 2) and the fish is fresh frozen. Ive been nervous to order fish online but the experience has been seamless.
Great choices available, excellent delivery service and quality of the fish was best ever, I am "hooked", for an allround customer experience like I had, I can only hope this company is around for a very long time.
First time placing an order with GF. These packs were perfect portions, esp due to is being frozen already, used x2 options & the fish was absolutely gorge, no need to clean any extra’s of or anything & totally delish - beautiful!
Due to a bad shopping experience I've always been nervous to order anything online. Thank you for restoring my confidence in this process. We had the butterfish for dinner last night and we can't wait to try the rest. Will definitely be ordering again. Thank you
Best fix box
Bought fish box with , butter fish ..good quality fish neatly packed and labeled
Excellent Quality and Service and Speedy Delivery
Love Greenbox Fish Same day deliveries if you order early and the Fish is always delicious and fresh
This is our second order and not the last. We enjoyed the variety. The ease of ordering and delivery is highly recommended. Keep it up.
Great service, great quality!
I am very pleased with my purchases. I like that I know exactly where the fish is caught and how. I appreciate this attention to detail on sustainability. The fish is excellent quality and the delivery was efficient and friendly.
Super Tasty , Affordable and FAST!
I ordered my box the night before and it was with me the following afternoon. I’ve never been a swordfish fan but after cooking the fillets using two different recipes… I’m officially converted. Great value for money from a local conscious fishery. Greenfish really care about the impact they have on the ocean and it shows in their passion. A great team providing an affordable box with a delicious variety of fish for all the different recipes that require a different texture and flavour. I’ll definitely be ordering again!
We had guests over and we enjoyed this variety of fish. We liked the textures of the meat.
Excellent quality , service and experience Highly recommended I order every month my month's supply and was never disappointed Super fast delivery as well Keep up the great service and quality✌️
Easy, quick and fresh!!
I have not had any of the fish yet but the ordering process took a minute or two, and less than 2 hours later I got a notification that the order has been dispatched. It was delivered shortly after and the delivery person was incredibly nice. The fish looks delicious and the packaging is very nice. I haven't even tasted the fish but will definitely order again!
Bought on behalf of a friend
I’m sure it’s amazing! My friend’s boys all fish and are happy that your site is sustainable. Of course I order fish every week....hogging tuna while the going is good so that’s enough said.