Large Scallops | Frozen Box | Wild caught
NO LONGER JUST FOR DINING OUT
Scallops have long been a favourite in restaurants around the world, known for their unusual property of tasting light, yet rich at the same time. This makes scallops suitable for a wide variety of cooking styles ranging from classic western through to modern Asian dishes. Our Scallop Lover’s Box means you can now enjoy this delicacy in your own home.
Large, cleaned Scallops (approx. 800g per box) 20-40 pieces per pack
Your Scallops will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost (do not thaw under vacuum/pressure), simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
Your box will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost (do not thaw under vacuum/pressure), simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium
GEAR USED : Bottom trawl
SUPPORTING LOCALS : No
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 5000km+
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : Low
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Medium
Seared Scallop Pasta with Browned Butter and Sage
Our partner site, The Fishwife, shares a five-star restaurant level recipe, with combination of classic flavours. You will need:
- Greenfish Scallops (about 16 - 20 Large)
- 5 Tbsp Butter
- 20g fresh Sage Leaves
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 pack of Linguini Pasta
- Salt & pepper
- Cook pasta as per package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, sear the scallops.
- Dry scallops off with a bit of paper towel.
- Once most of the moisture has been removed, season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a pan melt the 1 tablespoon of the butter on a medium to high heat.
- When the butter is bubbling, place the scallops in the hot pan and sear for 1 to 1 and a half minutes per side depending on how big the scallops are. Do not allow the butter to burn.
- The scallops are done when they turn from translucent to white, and they should turn a lovely golden colour on the outside from the caramelization.
- Remove scallops from the pan and set aside.
- For the sauce, drop the heat to medium and add the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter, allowing it to bubble and melt and turn a golden colour, being careful not to let it burn.
- Add the sage leaves and fry for a minute or two.
- Place the pasta and seared scallops into the browned butter and sage mixture and toss together.
- Add the parmesan, salt and pepper and toss once more.
- Serve immediately.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
Free delivery on all orders over R1,200*
*Free delivery only applies for orders that are in the standard delivery zone.
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
- Collections are free and take place Monday to Friday.
- Orders placed online before 11am will be ready to collect same-day from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Orders placed online after 11am will be made ready for collection the following working day, from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Should you place your order after 11am and need it that day, or need to collect before 11am (Monday to Friday) please contact our office 063 666 2802 and we will get it ready for you, it normally takes us an hour to cut and prepare.
Google Maps Search : Greenfish
Greenfish factory is located in N'Dabeni (Maitland) off Berkley Road turn into Ryger Road. Drive +-300m and the road will bend sharply to the left. We are situated in the bend in a complex called Berkley Square. Ask security for Greenfish Collections. Please park outside the home collection door and ring bell. It is well sign posted. Please park right outside the door.
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Great Service as always
Great as always - Same day
Happy with the order!
Quality delicious fish! Highly recommend
Decent size, not a cheap buy, but worth every cent.
Great big scallops
I was very pleased to find scallops and doubly pleased when I ate them. Flavoursome and firm. Ordering & Delivery was excellent. Will continue to order
excellent, will order again
Delivery & ordering procedures excellent.
Hi, Delivery & ordering procedures excellent. Scallops were out of this world. Thank you Gina
Scallops and Prawns
Excellent service and fresh produce
Coquilles saint jacques as in france!
Hard to find in south africa… but delicious. Heat up some cream, add a bit of dry white wine, spoon of musterd, a bit of chicken stock, pepper, salt, let sauce slightly boil for 2 minutes, then add scallops for only 20 sec, turn the heath off. Then in the oven (grill) with some gruyere or emmental cheese. Serve when the cheese is golden brown. Bonne apetit!
Beautiful. I cook my way, no special cuisine recipes, just plain and simple. In this recipe I used a single pan to create a stunning rice with greens and my secret stock, with flash fried scallops. Really lovely. I always think that if you can keep it simple then it is top quality as it will speak for itself.
I've just cooked a third of my scallops with a little pea risotto. The scallops were delicious and delicate with a sweet, nutty flavour. Pan fried for 2 mins on each side in some butter and olive oil. A bit of salt and pepper is all you need to bring out their unique flavour. What a treat!
Fantastic Special Treat
The scallops from GreenFish are absolutely scrumptious and well worth the price for an occasional treat or special occasion. The products and service from this company are exceptional and outstanding. Highly recommend!
Well, having lived in super large scallop diving territory, and perhaps having eaten the best fresh scallops in the world - beards and all, I am still very comfortable to say this frozen variety remains as great as hoped. Reasonably priced, and can be dressed in many ways as the size is truly very good. Of course, I ducked doing the traditional preparation and went for something very different to finish off a super special seafood dish. I have not found better scallops in SA thus far. Well done!!!
This is the first time I have bought scallops and can highly recommend them. The service again from Green fish was spot on, the quality of the product superb. I followed the recommended recipe which was simple and worked. delicious.
Excellent. Beatifully prepared and a delight
Before I purchased this product, I have never had had scallops in my life. Oh my word! The best way I can describe the taste is an "all-in-one-fish-potjie" on your tongue. The packaging is very professional and the scallops are very decent in terms of size. Would strongly recommend!
Nice on the package
So far I am very pleased with the package of Scallops. I will only taste them, with chili jam when my son is back home next week. For the salmon fillet, I will have to cut into portion s if I will Not have it whole for a 6 persons diner I will let you know. Thanks
Thank you Greenfish! From start to finish a pleasure... online ordering, easy; delivery, VERY efficient; cooking simple and eating, absolutely YUM!! Can't wait to order more.
I have been meaning to try scallops for years now… and these were delicious. Already prepped by Greenfish, all I had to do was thaw, seal in a hot pan and add some garlic, lemon and butter sauce. Thank you! I will defs order again. And the service on this order was beyond outstanding - fast and efficient.
The only place in Cape Town one can find scallops. And they are really delicious!!