Prawn Lover | Frozen Box | Wild caught | 2kg
MORE PRAWN FOR YOUR BUCK
A great option for the real prawn lovers out there, this box offers incredible value to those who can’t get enough of these delicious crustaceans. These large prawns are caught in the cold Atlantic Ocean between South Africa and Argentina and are frozen whole on the boat to lock in the flavours of the ocean. The prawns arrive at your door frozen whole and are perfect for a big seafood braai.
2kg King prawns (Between 20 and 40 prawns)
Your whole Prawns will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost (do not thaw under vacuum/pressure). Simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly. We are not able to butterfly or de vein prawns, as this would require defrosting and refreezing, which effects quality. These prawns are delivered shell on and vein in.
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
Our prawns are sourced from an Argentinian fishery that is in the final stages of MSC certification. This is in line with efforts by this body to help reduce the impact fisheries have on species populations and ocean ecology, while also finding new ways to reduce harm to seabirds and bycatch.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium high
GEAR USED : Trawl
SUPPORTING LOCALS : No
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 5000km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : Medium
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Medium
Garlic Butter Prawns
Check out this prawn box recipe courtesy of our partner site The Fishwife. It uses the whole box and is simple and delicious. You will need:
- 2kg Prawns
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 200g Butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic (minced)
- Lemon wedges
- If the prawns are frozen, allow to defrost.
- Butterfly the prawns. To butterfly, I use a pair or small sharp scissors to cut the prawn along the spine from the base of the head until the top of the tail. Leave the tail and head on.
- De-vein the prawns. To de-vein the prawns, run your fingers along the butterflied spine and pull out the visible dark vein and discard.
- Once you have butterflied and de-veined, run the prawns under cold water to clean properly.
- Allow excess water to drain off the prawns and place on a tray.
- Combine the paprika and salt. Sprinkle this spice mix on the exposed meat of the prawns where you have butterflied them. (You can sprinkle any excess spice mix over the tray of prawns when done).
- In a large skillet on medium heat, melt the butter and olive oil.
- When bubbling, add the garlic and cook for a minute.
- You will need to work in batches as all the prawns will not fit in the skillet at once.
- Place the prawns in the bubbling mixture on their backs and allow to cook for 4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside in the tray.
- Repeat with remaining prawns until all the prawns have been cooked.
- Once you have completed this step with all the prawns, place back in the skillet, this time on their sides and cook for a further 3 minutes, tossing them over halfway.
- Repeat until all the prawns have been cooked.
- Enjoy with a squeeze of lemon and some lemon mayonnaise. (Lemon Mayonnaise: 4 Tbsp of mayonnaise and the juice of 1 lemon).
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
Free delivery on all orders over R1,200*
*Free delivery only applies for orders that are in the standard delivery zone.
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
- Collections are free and take place Monday to Friday.
- Orders placed online before 11am will be ready to collect same-day from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Orders placed online after 11am will be made ready for collection the following working day, from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Should you place your order after 11am and need it that day, or need to collect before 11am (Monday to Friday) please contact our office 063 666 2802 and we will get it ready for you, it normally takes us an hour to cut and prepare.
Google Maps Search : Greenfish
Greenfish factory is located in N'Dabeni (Maitland) off Berkley Road turn into Ryger Road. Drive +-300m and the road will bend sharply to the left. We are situated in the bend in a complex called Berkley Square. Ask security for Greenfish Collections. Please park outside the home collection door and ring bell. It is well sign posted. Please park right outside the door.
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Absolutely beautiful. Wille definitely buy it again and again! Thanks
Roy Summerton re 2kg wild caught Prawn Lover
Absolute amazing, ordered on line and picked up 2hrs later, slick process and prawns were amazing. Sure not the last time you will be seeing me! Thanks
Delicious prawns - good value for money....will definitely order again.
Frozen wild prawns
I highly recommend the prawn box. The insulated packaging ensures that the product is always at its peak during transporting. I liked that the product is frozen but not iced. It was delicious and tasty done in a pan with garlic butter peri peri and savoury rice.
Brilliant response on email and delivery
Fantastic and fish was very fresh.
Very happy with my purchase, hake was clean and delicious.
Prawns were amazing
Massive prawns with amazing taste
Massive prawns with amazing taste
Excellent service, excellent products!
Tuna was fresh, absolutely delicious. Have not had the prawns yet, but they look delicious.
Excellent seafood and service!
So far, we have only tasted the fish, and it was excellent, looking forward to the beautiful large prawns next week! You really cannot beat the freshness, quality and service of green fish, we love it.
This is the third time of buying the wild caught prawns and my fourth time buying produce from Greenfish.co.za That speaks for itself. Efficient delivery, perfect packaging, delicious outcome. Looking gorward to cooking with thd chokka and tuna belly I also bought
I found your company online and so glad I did. So easy to order, same day service, really nice friendly follow up, but the star were the prawns, we butterflied them on the braai, they were delicious. Can’t wait to try the rest of the offerings.
Prawn Lover | Frozen Box | Wild caught | 2kg
Excellent quality, excellent service. We have found our new supplier!
Green Fish are absolutely amazing, fresh and frozen products of exceptional quality, the best I have ever had. Their service is fantastic and they go out of their way to accommodate you! They are my no 1 supplier to go to for all my fish and seafood needs.
Wow Wow Wow
This box was a great buy, the prawn size was huge, they were fresh and we had a great New Years Eve celebration with these on the braai!! Thanks guys, always love buying from you. Your service is top notch and so are your products
5 star product!
Perfect prawns. Each individually frozen!
Yes to Greenfish!
We loved our prawns from Greenfish. Succulent and generous in size. Will definitely buy again. Thank you Greenfish for the quality produce. You’re my new go-to. Thank you.
Prawn Lover/Frozen Box Wild caught /2 kg
Delicious tasty prawns on the braai :) Easily defrosted in cold water and the vein removed effortlessly, thank you for sharing your Youtube video, it was a great help
We braaied the wild caught prawns and they were magnificent. I can highly recommend greenfish.co.za for their efficient service and impeccable quality of the product. We’ve ordered the crayfish before - fabulous