Paella Box | Seafood Platter | Prawns, Clams, Scallops, Mussels, Squid, Tuna (3.8kg)
VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
This paella box features 3.8kg of delicious frozen seafoods to create the perfect seafood evening to enjoy with your family or friends. This box provides you with all the seafood you need to make the perfect paella at home. This paella box is ideal to add some variety into their week day cooking. We have taken care of the mess, you look after the rest. Your box will arrive in a frozen and individually packed, to make it easy to use at home. This paella box can cater for 8 - 12 people.
- 650g King Prawns
- 650g Clams
- 300g Scallops
- 450g Half Shell Black Mussels
- 900g Squid/ Calamari (head and tube)
- 850g Yellowfin cooking tuna cutlets/blocks
Your box will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost (do not thaw under vacuum/pressure), simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
It is best to steam Clams, not boil them, for +-7 minutes. If some of the Clams do not open do not be alarmed the cold chain has been maintained since the time of harvest. The abductor muscle due to rigor mortis could have tensed up preventing the shell from opening up while steaming. Unless it does not smell right then they will be fine to consume.
Impress your friends with a Paella made from your Greenfish Paella box. You will need:
- 300g King Prawns
- 450g Squid heads and tubes
- 250g Half-shell mussels
- 150g Scallops
- 400g Tuna cutlets
- 2 cups rice. Any short-grain rice will work.
- 1 Onion
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 400g Chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups Chicken or Fish stock
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Peel and devein the prawns/shrimp then pat the shrimp and squid dry with paper towels
- Place a large, deep pan (approximately 30cm) over high heat. Drizzle the calamari and shrimp with olive oil and season with salt then sear in the hot pan until a little colour develops but the seafood isn’t cooked fully yet. It’s important to dry the seafood well as this will help them brown in the hot pan.
- Remove the seafood from the pan and set aside
- In the same pan, add olive oil and cook the onion and garlic until translucent and fragrant. Add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated. Pour in the rice and smoked paprika and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the stock then reduce the heat, partially cover and allow to simmer for 7 minute or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is almost cooked
- Mix in the seafood, trying not to disturb the bottom layer of rice. Cover again then cook for another 5-7 minutes until the seafood and rice are fully cooked
- Season to taste and serve with lemon wedges and chopped parsley
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
Free delivery on all orders over R1,200*
*Free delivery only applies for orders that are in the standard delivery zone.
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
- Collections are free and take place Monday to Friday.
- Orders placed online before 11am will be ready to collect same-day from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Orders placed online after 11am will be made ready for collection the following working day, from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Should you place your order after 11am and need it that day, or need to collect before 11am (Monday to Friday) please contact our office 063 666 2802 and we will get it ready for you, it normally takes us an hour to cut and prepare.
Google Maps Search : Greenfish
Greenfish factory is located in N'Dabeni (Maitland) off Berkley Road turn into Ryger Road. Drive +-300m and the road will bend sharply to the left. We are situated in the bend in a complex called Berkley Square. Ask security for Greenfish Collections. Please park outside the home collection door and ring bell. It is well sign posted. Please park right outside the door.
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
The clams did not open at all, the mussels where great,
Excellent quality -Paella success
We made a mean paella by following the recipe on the site and able to feed more than 10 people. In future I would rather order the deveined prawns and exclude the clams. overall an excellent experience and service from the Greenfish team.
Very disapoint in the clams as only 2 opened up
The best way to paella!
Ordered the paella box for my birthday and it was tip tops. Delivered to the door, on time. No mess no fuss.
Good Fish, Great Service
We ordered the paella box and extra prawns to cook the Portuguese dish Arroz de Marisco Malandro (Seafood Rice). Brilliant seafood supplied. The only place to buy fish and seafood
Good Price and exceptional quality
Will definitely recommend
Excellent product and great quantities
Cooking the paella with such great ingredients was a pleasure! The delivery, packaging and overall quality were fantastic. The only complaint I have is that I never received my first-time buyer discount. My brother placed the same order 1 week later and got the discount. Not sure why this happened.
I loved the idea, it was just too big, could it be packed as 2 so you had the flexibility of either using everything together or having the option for 2 meals. Obviously some items were easy to split but not the tuna and squid. BIG fan of Green Fish, well done, Happy Christmas
Amazing paella mix! Really enjoyed it and would definitely buy again.
Guidelines for dummies
It was a great experience. The paella was enjoyed by everybody. Perhaps you could suggest the portion sizes for say 2 people also in the recipes.
Always the best quality
Paella mix was fantastic but a bit too much!
I had a big skillet for the paella but just too much fish! I would suggest that you give 2 size packets 2,5kg ( for 6/8 people)& 3,5 kg (10 people)would have been plenty . We ate leftovers for 2nights and the cooked the calamari separately in lemon & garlic .Delicious!!
It is the second time I ordered the Paella Box. The quality of the seafood is outstanding, making the paella very special. I will definitely order it again.
Paella Box/ Seafood Platter
We cooked this as a treat today for six people, after yesterday’s same day delivery from Cape Town to Paarl. Still leftovers for later. Fantastic quality and packed professionally: top restaurant level! If you have some skill in cooking seafood, with this box, why would you want to go out to get a seafood platter/paella meal?
Fantastic and on time
Wow What Incredible Value
Thank you again to the team for the super fast and efficient delivery, the quality of the Seafood platter and value is outstanding, thank you again!
Amazing quality and service
A total 5 star experience. The paella box is an amazing price for the amount of quality seafood you get. Will definitely be ordering more boxes in the future.