Half Shell Black Mussels Box | Ready to Cook | Farmed on the West Coast | 1.6kg | Frozen box
This Half Shell Black Mussels Box features 2x 800g ready to cook mussels packs. These locally grown black mussels are great alternative to imported frozen mussels, as it supports local jobs and carries a smaller carbon footprint to imported mussels. You get the same great taste of the ocean without taking a mussel from the sea. We have carefully selected this for you to enjoy with your family or friends.
2x800g Half Shell Black Mussels Box
Your half shell mussels will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost, simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Very low
GEAR USED : Farmed on ropes
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 100km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : None
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Very high
Garlic Mussel Pot
Mussels covered in a creamy garlic sauce - simply Yum! You will need:
- 900g Greenfish half shell mussels
- 100g butter
- half a cup of flour
- 2 heaped teaspoons of garlic
- 250ml cream
- 2.5 cups of milk
- Salt & Pepper
- A handful of chives (plus some for garnish)
- Remove mussels from packaging and place in a sieve allowing any excess water to be removed
- Set mussels aside
- In a large pot on the stove, melt your butter on a medium heat
- Add flour and mix into butter until it combines
- Add garlic and allow the mixture to bubble for a minute or two (but not brown)
- Using a whisk add cream and stir constantly at the boil, this mixture will thicken quickly
- Add milk and continue to stir with the whisk until the mixture thickens nicely
- Add salt and pepper and chopped chives
- Add mussels to the white sauce mixture and simmer for 10 minutes until the mussels are cooked and the sauce absorbs a lovely seafood flavour
- Serve with rice and/or a french loaf to soak up the sauce
- Garnish the top of with a few freshly chopped chives
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
Free delivery on all orders over R1,200*
*Free delivery only applies for orders that are in the standard delivery zone.
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
- Collections are free and take place Monday to Friday.
- Orders placed online before 11am will be ready to collect same-day from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Orders placed online after 11am will be made ready for collection the following working day, from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Should you place your order after 11am and need it that day, or need to collect before 11am (Monday to Friday) please contact our office 063 666 2802 and we will get it ready for you, it normally takes us an hour to cut and prepare.
Google Maps Search : Greenfish
Greenfish factory is located in N'Dabeni (Maitland) off Berkley Road turn into Ryger Road. Drive +-300m and the road will bend sharply to the left. We are situated in the bend in a complex called Berkley Square. Ask security for Greenfish Collections. Please park outside the home collection door and ring bell. It is well sign posted. Please park right outside the door.
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Top class service
I placed my order in the morning and by mid afternoon it was delivered! I was not expecting that. I can't review what look like very nice prawns and mussels because they are for Xmas!! So will definitely give you a review after.
Prawns and mussels
Great, fresh, high quality seafood. Very well prepared and arrived in perfect condition. Service and delivery are first class and so quick!
Half Shell Black Mussels, delicious and easy to use!
These mussels were delicious and extremely easy to use. They were very clean and well packaged. It was a pleasure to cook with them and eat them! I'll definitely order them again.
Mussels and kingklip
Fantastic and efficient service and absolutely beautiful product, superbly packed. I will definitely be back for more.
Love the mussels!
This item has become a staple in my freezer. Must have at least one meal a month. Easy to use and really nice quality, fresh and tasty.
Half shell black mussels - a winner
This is the second time I've bought the half shell black mussels box, and I will certainly go back for more! It's always a pleasure to buy from GreenFish.
Half Shell Black Mussels box
This was my first delivery from Green Fish and won't be the last. The Mussels were fresh and delicious. I followed the recipe on the website for Mussel Garlic Pot and can highly recommended it. As the order comes packed in two packets it means you can use only what you need and freeze the rest.
Well packed and cleaned …delicious done in a creamy, garlicky sauce ! We thoroughly enjoyed our meal !
Very happy with this purchase, mussels were delicious! Excellent service and great, quality products all round. Thank you Greenfish!
Let me say for starters we love your fish and your service is awesome. And with our last order you included some heads and bones with which we made wonderful stock. Then added the mussels to a carefully constructed bouillabaisse and they were very disappointing. Both taste and texture - not sure why
These are absolutely marvelous in a cream & white wine soup.
Not my 1st time purchasing this item - but quite happy when I do, lovely plump mussels always! Love the initiative of Sustainable fishing - thanks Greenfish Team
1st GreenFish experience
It’s not often that your expectations are completely surpassed. This happened with my 1st order of fish from GreenFish- from start to finish I’ve been truly impressed. And that’s before we even tasted the tuna! Well done GreenFish
Half shell mussels
Excellent! Well packed & delivered on time
We recently bought these half mussel shells and made a delicious pasta dish but even better was the Green Fish calamari & squid pack, beautifully cleaned and we cooked it in our pizza oven on a metal plate, delicious
not cooked nor eaten yet
The mussels were almost all well cleaned and de-bearded and worked beautifully in my mussel soup.
These were absolutely amazing, tasted of the sea! Greenfish will have my support for local seafood for years to come.
Have been introduced to Greenfish and very happy with the items received as well as the service. Thanks so much!