Half Shell Black Mussels Box | Ready to Cook | Farmed on the West Coast | 1.6kg
This Half Shell Black Mussels Box features 2x 800g ready to cook mussels packs. These locally grown black mussels are great alternative to imported frozen mussels, as it supports local jobs and carries a smaller carbon footprint to imported mussels. You get the same great taste of the ocean without taking a mussel from the sea. We have carefully selected this for you to enjoy with your family or friends.
2x800g Half Shell Black Mussels Box
Your box will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost, simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Very low
GEAR USED : Farmed on ropes
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 100km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : None
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Very high
Garlic Mussel Pot
Mussels covered in a creamy garlic sauce - simply Yum! You will need:
- 900g Greenfish half shell mussels
- 100g butter
- half a cup of flour
- 2 heaped teaspoons of garlic
- 250ml cream
- 2.5 cups of milk
- Salt & Pepper
- A handful of chives (plus some for garnish)
- Remove mussels from packaging and place in a sieve allowing any excess water to be removed
- Set mussels aside
- In a large pot on the stove, melt your butter on a medium heat
- Add flour and mix into butter until it combines
- Add garlic and allow the mixture to bubble for a minute or two (but not brown)
- Using a whisk add cream and stir constantly at the boil, this mixture will thicken quickly
- Add milk and continue to stir with the whisk until the mixture thickens nicely
- Add salt and pepper and chopped chives
- Add mussels to the white sauce mixture and simmer for 10 minutes until the mussels are cooked and the sauce absorbs a lovely seafood flavour
- Serve with rice and/or a french loaf to soak up the sauce
- Garnish the top of with a few freshly chopped chives
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
This was absolutely a winner! So fresh and you can taste the ocean. Can definitely recommend it. Plus the same day delivery service is so convenient and always the friendliest staff!
Prepared mussels in white wine sauce. Delicious. On previous occasions ordered oysters, prawns and crayfish ALL equally good.
East to cook and very tasty. Thank you 6 ⭐️
look excellent - not eaten yet
Husband thought it was much better than the restaurant’s
Lovely large, super clean mussels ready for the pot.
Superb! Will definitely buy again. Lots of meat, great colour and flavor. Was a hit.
The best fish I’ve ever had....freshness just at another level.
Perfect and delicious
I enjoy and value all things that make up Greenfish. Amazing customer service, next day delivery and quality seafood. The frozen kingklip I bought that I oven-baked was melt in your mouth.