Crayfish Box | Whole West Coast Rock Lobster | x6 | Medium
THE ICONIC WEST COAST FAVOURITE
This Whole Crayfish box features 6 whole medium crayfish. They have been carefully selected for you to enjoy with your family or friends.
- 6 x Whole Medium Crayfish
- Each unit is 280g - 330g (Ave Box size +-1.8kg)
Your box will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost, simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
The west coast rock lobster populations are currently under pressure and we only source ours from licensed fishermen who harvest legally against strict quotas and size limits that have been issued by the department of fisheries. They are also offloaded under the watchful eye of the departments inspectors they weigh and record all stock harvested. The style of harvest by ring nets/traps is very selective and has almost no by catch and causes little to no damage on bottom habitats.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium
GEAR USED : Ring net
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 100km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : None
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Medium
Lemon Butter Crayfish
Crayfish is very easy to prepare. You will need:
- 4 medium crayfish
- 100 g butter
- splash of olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 Tbls salt
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add a tablespoon of salt and stir to dissolve.
- Add the crayfish to the water whole and boil for 6-7 minutes depending on the size ( we used medium sized crayfish)
- While the crayfish are boiling prepare a bowl of ice cold water.
- Once the crayfish have finished boiling, place them in the ice slurry to stop the cooking process.
- Once cooled remove the tails, cut the underside of the tail, crack the shell open and remove the meat. Cut the tails in half length ways so you have 8 pieces.
- Heat a pan over medium to high heat. Add a splash of olive oil then the butter ( the olive oil prevents the butter from burning). Once the butter has melted add the garlic and fry until tender and fragrant then add the tails, squeeze with lemon and keep basting them with butter for roughly 4 minutes. You don't want to overcook them.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.