Swordfish Steaks | Portion Frozen Box x4 | Premium Portion Range | 200g
AN ICONIC FISH WITH A DELICIOUS FLAVOUR
Known for its distinctive sword-shaped bill, the swordfish is an elusive, solitary, and powerful oceanic apex predator. It is as sought after for for its delicious, mildly sweet flavour. Swordfish travel great distances in search of prey and ours are caught off Cape Point by fishermen leaving from Table Bay.
All of our premium range of portions are hand cut from fresh fish on the day of catch and prepared for you to give you a ready to cook premium experience.
4x Frozen Swordfish Steaks of +-200g (approx. 800g-900g per box) Serves 4
Your Swordfish portions will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost, simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
*May contain tail and front pieces.
*4 portions will come vacuum packed together.
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
Because of its appeal to both sport fishermen and chefs alike, swordfish have been overfished for a long time. And while SASSI regards the Atlantic Ocean population as sustainable, there are strict regulations on who may catch these fish using the longline fishing method. All our swordfish is sourced from a small fleet of local owned and operated licensed fishing vessels allowed to bring in this type of catch.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium high
GEAR USED : Pelagic longline / bycatch of demersal longline
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 50km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : Medium high
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Medium
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
Free delivery on all orders over R1,200*
*Free delivery only applies for orders that are in the standard delivery zone.
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
- Collections are free and take place Monday to Friday.
- Orders placed online before 11am will be ready to collect same-day from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Orders placed online after 11am will be made ready for collection the following working day, from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Should you place your order after 11am and need it that day, or need to collect before 11am (Monday to Friday) please contact our office 063 666 2802 and we will get it ready for you, it normally takes us an hour to cut and prepare.
Google Maps Search : Greenfish
Greenfish factory is located in N'Dabeni (Maitland) off Berkley Road turn into Ryger Road. Drive +-300m and the road will bend sharply to the left. We are situated in the bend in a complex called Berkley Square. Ask security for Greenfish Collections. Please park outside the home collection door and ring bell. It is well sign posted. Please park right outside the door.
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
As always - beyond great. Although I prefer unfrozen, but t was super and taste as fresh !
Great quality, perfect taste, thank you
I am a new greenfish devotee. The Tuna was outstanding.The service, fish and packaging is equal in its fantastic quality Thank you
Amazing and fresh. Packaging is awesome. Service is friendly and helpful. Delivery on time. 5 stars in my books!
Excellent - the freshest you can get!