Super Frozen Tuna | Sushi Block | Tuna Steaks (cut your own)
This box features a premium cut Super Frozen Yellowfin Tuna Sushi Block. This Super Frozen Yellowfin Tuna Sushi Block is suitable to cut your sashimi and sushi nigiri from or simply cut your own tuna steaks from it for the braai or sear in the pan.
1x Super Frozen Yellowfin Tuna Sushi Block (+-1700g-1900g per box )
Your Super frozen sushi block will arrive frozen. Simply store in your freezer (up to 6 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost (do not thaw under vacuum/pressure), simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
All our Yellowfin Tuna is caught with a pole and line (one fish at a time) by fishermen in the cold waters off Cape Point. This method of catch is rated green by SASSI with zero bycatch and least possible impact on ocean ecology.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Low
GEAR USED : Single line and hook / Pole caught
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 50km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : None
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Very high
The Ultimate Tuna Marinade
The Fishwife is here to share a delicious recipe. You will need:
- 3-4 Yellowfin Tuna Steaks
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil (or olive oil)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Oregano fresh (alternatively you can use dried)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Salt & Pepper
- Place tuna steaks in a big ziplock bag.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a jug and pour into the bag with the tuna steaks.
- Make sure the bag is sealed properly and pop in the fridge. (I placed my bag in a braai dish just to make sure that if there was some leakage it wouldn't make a mess).
- Leave the steaks for 2-3 hours, or overnight, turning the bag over occasionally.
- Remove from the bag and braai or pan fry as you please! Use the excess marinade to baste as you go! Enjoy.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
Free delivery on all orders over R1,200*
*Free delivery only applies for orders that are in the standard delivery zone.
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
- Collections are free and take place Monday to Friday.
- Orders placed online before 11am will be ready to collect same-day from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Orders placed online after 11am will be made ready for collection the following working day, from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Should you place your order after 11am and need it that day, or need to collect before 11am (Monday to Friday) please contact our office 063 666 2802 and we will get it ready for you, it normally takes us an hour to cut and prepare.
Google Maps Search : Greenfish
Greenfish factory is located in N'Dabeni (Maitland) off Berkley Road turn into Ryger Road. Drive +-300m and the road will bend sharply to the left. We are situated in the bend in a complex called Berkley Square. Ask security for Greenfish Collections. Please park outside the home collection door and ring bell. It is well sign posted. Please park right outside the door.
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
I had wanted to order a Fresh Tuna block but unfortunately, they we out of stock until the morning I collected the Frozen block. In future I will only order fresh as there is certainly a discernable difference between the fresh and frozen blocks.
GreenFish Frozen Tuna
Amazing product! This is proper restaurant sushi grade tuna. Delivered promptly and on time. Ryan and his team at Greenfish are world class.
Beautifully dark red tuna, impeccably fresh after being thawed, perfect texture. Will definitely buy again.
Admin on point, service and delivery on time!
Unbelievable service and quality of Tuna
The best quality Frozen Tuna i have ever bought and eaten , was perfect for Sashimi and Pepper crusted tuna steaks , service was impeccable and staff on whatsapp was so helpful with all my questions……: i will definitely be a lifetime client and look forward to trying some other products sold by Greenfish
Fantastic quality - thank you
Received same day as ordered. Amazing quality. Portioned and vacuumed as per my special request.
It was fantastic!
Super frozen Tuna block
Fantastic! Braised the tuna in a marinade of soya, sesame oil and peri peri. Then sliced into thin slivers and placed in lettuce cups with wasabi, ginger and sushi mayo- delicious- guests loved it!
Frozen sushi block
Amazing service and quality as always
We had guests over for dinner. Defrosted for a day and a half - perfect seared tuna. Sushi grade - to perfection
Great. Nice and fresh. Enjoyed my tuna very much.
Every opportunity to work with this product is a treat
Always good service and fresh fish from Green Fish
Thank you so much for the great fish items that were delivered to us. It was very tasty. regards Ann
Excellent service and very good quality! Thank you
Superb quality! Will definitely buy again
Best ever.... Thank you
Amazing from start to finish.
Super frozen tuna
It was really super! And delivery was very efficient. Many thanks!