Kingklip Tail Pieces | Frozen Fish Box | Wild caught
HEALTHY LUNCH TIME SNACK
Our fresh Kingklip is hand selected by our team from fishing boats returning to Cape Town harbour from their fishing grounds in the cold, deep Atlantic waters off Cape Point. During the 1980’s Kingklip became so prized for its mild, slightly sweet flavour, that overfishing severely depleted the population. However, a shift to more sustainable fishing practices has led to the species recovering in recent years. Kingklip is usually served pan-fried or grilled.
These Kingklip packs will be perfect for a healthy lunch or as a starter for supper.
20 x Kingklip tail packs (Approx. 150g - 200g per pack) Serves 1
Each pack contains 1-2 Kingklip tail pieces. (Approx. 150g - 200g per pack)
InstructionsYour Kingklip packs will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost, simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly. *2 portions will come vacuum packed together. Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
All our fresh Kingklip is harvested from hake demersal longlines by local Cape Town fishermen. These fishermen are actually targeting hake and catch Kingklip as bycatch on their lines. Not only does this support the local fishing industry, but also represents the least possible impact on Kingklip populations and the ecology of the seabed.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium
GEAR USED : Demersal longline
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 50km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : Low
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Medium
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
Free delivery on all orders over R1,200*
*Free delivery only applies for orders that are in the standard delivery zone.
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
- Collections are free and take place Monday to Friday.
- Orders placed online before 11am will be ready to collect same-day from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Orders placed online after 11am will be made ready for collection the following working day, from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Should you place your order after 11am and need it that day, or need to collect before 11am (Monday to Friday) please contact our office 063 666 2802 and we will get it ready for you, it normally takes us an hour to cut and prepare.
Google Maps Search : Greenfish
Greenfish factory is located in N'Dabeni (Maitland) off Berkley Road turn into Ryger Road. Drive +-300m and the road will bend sharply to the left. We are situated in the bend in a complex called Berkley Square. Ask security for Greenfish Collections. Please park outside the home collection door and ring bell. It is well sign posted. Please park right outside the door.
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.