Norwegian Salmon Fillets | Fresh Box | Cultivated | 2kg
FROM THE FJORDS TO YOUR TABLE
A delicious, versatile fish with its distinctive pink flesh, the Norwegian salmon is known for its oily texture and distinctive aromatic flavour which lends itself to anything from sashimi to the braai. Our salmon is sourced from farms in the Norwegian fjords with their cold, clear and pristine waters. The salmon are allowed to grow at their own pace and are harvested when they reach maturity after 12 – 18 months.
1x Norwegian Salmon Fillets (approx. 1.9kg - 2.2kg per fillet)
Your fillet will arrive fresh after pin bones have been removed and the fish is scaled by the Greenfish team. Simply store in your fridge and use at your leisure (up to 5 days). For home freezing, freeze on the day of arrival, and use within 3 months.
Our Norwegian salmon is cultivated according to stringent regulations which ensure that this fish has a lower carbon footprint than both beef and pork. The farms are found in environmentally suitable locations, and the population is maintained at 2.5% salmon to 97.5% water to ensure the fish are not overcrowded. No routine antibiotics are used on this salmon and up to 70% of feed is made from vegetable sources. To further offset carbon emissions due to transport, Greenfish commits to plant one tree for every ten boxes of salmon sold.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium
GEAR USED : Aquaculture
SUPPORTING LOCALS : No
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 5000km+
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : None
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Very high
Quick and Easy Gravlax
Gravlax is known for being the luxury food that is the easiest to prepare as this recipe from The Fishwife demonstrates. You will need:
- 1 x Greenfish Norwegian Salmon Fillet
- 1/4 cup aquavit, or vodka
- 1/3 cup fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dill
- Cut the fish in half for two equal pieces
- Rinse the salmon fillet and pat dry.
- Drizzle the aquavit or vodka evenly over the salmon.
- In a small bowl combine the salt, sugar and pepper.
- Place 1/6th of the salt and sugar mixture in a dish and place the first fillet in the dish skin side down.
- Spread a third of the curing mixture over the fillet and do the same for the second fillet.
- Sprinkle the dill on the flesh side of both fillets.
- Now place the second fillet on top of the first skin side up.
- Spread the remaining curing mix over the skin of the second fillet.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place a cutting board on top weighed down by a few cans.
- Place in the fridge for 12 hours
- After 12 hours remove the fish and drain the excess juices, and flip both fish over so the skin up fillet is now skin down and vice versa.
- Then repeat step 10 and 11.
- The longer you leave the fish the more cured it will be, as a rule of thumb 24 hours is a light cure, 36 hours is a medium cure and longer results in a heavily cured fish.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
This is my second time ordering the Norwegian Salmon, and it will definitely not be the last. This Salmon is incomparable to anything we can buy locally, it truly is in a class of its own!
Fresh, well packaged, perfectly cleaned, and delicious! The whole ordering process and the way it was packaged and delivered was superb. Will definitely order again.
The salmon was very fresh and tasted delicious. We cut up what we did not eat into portion sizes and put it in the freezer and will enjoy another day. Delivery and packaging excellent.
Loved the salmon, so fresh!
Great, fresh and thank you for portioning them as requested. Fast delivery.
The fish was beautifully packaged. The salmon was FRESH. We thoroughly enjoyed it and ccut te fish up and froze what was not used. Thank you, a good purchase
This salmon is simply divine. Well-trimmed, high-quality fish with a fair price. Tastes better than any fish you'd find in the supermarket. And the service is top-notch!
Very speedy delivery and the salmon fillets were substantial, so fresh and simply delicious! Just superb!
I was very impressed with Green Fish. I requested delivery on a Wed which I had not realised was a public holiday. I was going to call to rearrange delivery but they beat me to it. The fish was absolutely awesome. Friends that came for lunch all enjoyed it too and asked where I bought the salmon from. Thoroughly recommend and I will definitely order again.
Hi, great product, but need options for smaller portions for home use.
What an absolute pleasure to get a beautiful, fresh, cleaned, side of salmon delivered to my door. The price was very reasonable too considering I didn’t even have to leave my house to get it. Will definitely be back for more!
Delicate, delicious, flavourful. A special treat just grilled.
Love that eating healthy and including fresh fish in to my diet is now much more affordable. The fish is great quality, very tasty
Fresh, best quality and beyond delicious! Thank you!
From start to end - a flawless process. The Quality of the fish is absolutely S U P E R B!!!! My go to supplier going forward, you cannot go wrong with GREENFISH
Delivery was quick, the oysters where lovely, made gravad lax from a piece of salmon. Can't wait for the prawns. In short I am happy
fresh, as always
From the ordering process, timely delivery and the quality of the fish- I was blown away! Fresh, tasty salmon was the best I have had.
Thank you so much, your products and service were amazing.