Crayfish Box | Frozen box | Whole West Coast Rock Lobster | x8 | Large
THE ICONIC WEST COAST FAVOURITE
This Whole Crayfish box features 8 whole large crayfish. They have been carefully selected for you to enjoy with your family or friends.
- 8 x Whole Large Crayfish
- Each unit is 330g - 400g (Ave Box size 2.8-3.2kg)
Your whole crayfish will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost, simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
*After freezing the meat in the legs might shrink.
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
The west coast rock lobster populations are currently under pressure and we only source ours from licensed fishermen who harvest legally against strict quotas and size limits that have been issued by the department of fisheries. They are also offloaded under the watchful eye of the departments inspectors they weigh and record all stock harvested. The style of harvest by ring nets/traps is very selective and has almost no by catch and causes little to no damage on bottom habitats.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium
GEAR USED : Ring net
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 100km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : None
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Medium
You will need:
- 1 kg crayfish, cut into 2 or 3 pieces depending on the size
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- 3 large onions (finely chopped)
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons coriander/koljana
- 2 teaspoons cumin/jeera
- 1 teaspoon turmeric/borrie 2 – 4 green chillies, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 – 2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 4 large cloves of garlic, grated finely
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped or grated ginger
- Coriander leafs (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat the oil in a deep pot and sauté onions on low heat till the onions are light brown in colour.
- Mix in the grated garlic, ginger and green chillies and fry till it turns golden-brown stirring all the time.
- Add the tomato pieces and cook till the onions and tomatoes are soft, about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Add drops of water to prevent the onion mixture sticking to the bottom.
- Now add all the spice powders except the garam masala and mix well to combine the spices with the onion mixture.
- Cook over low heat for about 15 -20 minutes or until you can no longer see the onions and the gravy is nice and thick.
- Gently stir in the crayfish tails, salt and the yoghurt.
- Cook on high for about 5 minutes.
- Add the water. Cover and allow it to simmer on low heat till the crayfish meat is cooked and tender about 15 minutes or until the shell of the crayfish turns pinkish.
- Stir every few minutes, add more water as needed. Stir in the garam masala and garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with boiled basmati, fragrant or long grain white rice.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Fantastic Service and product
Fantastic Service and product
Hi Firstly I would like to say that I have only had good experiences with Greenfish in the past. Frozen Lobster is always tricky , and this was no exception. The product was generally good and fair value and the tails were great. Unfortunately the legs and body meat dry out from the freezing and so .....Frozen lobster remains second best.
Almost as good as fresh Lobster
The taste and texture was very close to the fresh Lobster. Always buy these large ones, I didn’t like the small size I had previously.