Prawn Tails | Frozen Box | Wild caught | 2kg
FRESH FROZEN AT SEA TO LOCK IN FLAVOUR
This box is by far the easiest way to add prawns to your culinary repertoire. Our prawn tails are caught in the cold Atlantic Ocean between South Africa and Argentina and are prepared and frozen on the boat for maximum flavour preservation. The prawns arrive at your door with the heads removed and partially deveined and ready for your next seafood feast.
2 kg prawn tails (Between 30 and 60 prawns)
Your Prawn tails will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost (do not thaw under vacuum/pressure). Simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly. We are not able to butterfly or de vein prawns, as this would require defrosting and refreezing, which effects quality. These prawn tails are delivered shell on and vein in.
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
Our prawns are sourced from an Argentinian fishery that is in the final stages of MSC certification. This is in line with efforts by this body to help reduce the impact fisheries have on species populations and ocean ecology, while also finding new ways to reduce harm to seabirds and bycatch.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium high
GEAR USED : Trawl
SUPPORTING LOCALS : No
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 5000km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : Medium
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Medium
Vietnamese Spring Rolls
Prawns can be fried, boiled, grilled or braaied, but our partner site The Fishwife is here to share a recipe with Asian inspirations. You will need:
- Vermicelli Rice noodles
- Red Pepper
- Rice Paper Wraps
- Hoisin Sauce
- Peanut Butter
- Blanch the prawns in a pot of boiling water for approximately 3 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, cover the rice noodles with boiling water and allow to soften for about 2 minutes before straining and setting aside.
- Julienne the carrot, cucumber and red pepper and set aside in separate bowls.
- Remove the coriander leaves from stalks and set aside.
- Find a dish large enough for the rice paper wraps, add hot water, submerge one wrap, and allow the wrap to soften for about 15-20 seconds. Remove the wrap and set on a clean flat surface.
- Add small amounts of the prawn, carrot, cucumber, red pepper, rice noodles and coriander, roll the wrap halfway, tuck in the sides and continue rolling to create a sealed spring roll.
- Repeat the process to make as many as you like.
- To make the dipping sauce, add 2 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce to 1 Tbsp peanut butter.
- Enjoy cold.
No quantities are given as the recipe is scalable, but you will need about 3 prawns and a tablespoon of each filling per roll.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Sea fresh Prawn tails
I tried the prawn tails for the first time and it was ABSOLUTELY OUT OF THIS WORLD! Not only super fresh but also super delicious. Unfortunately the rating is limited to 5 stars; I would have loved to give it 10 stars.
I was GOOD as always!
I was GOOD as always!
Always such a great experience! I have been purchasing from Greenfish for over a year. Very happy customer
A Food Nerd's Opinion
I have been ordering from Greenfish since 2020, so this review is long overdue and not just for this particular box of - as usual - incomparably good seafood.. I’m the editor of a food magazine & prefer to know exactly when and where my fish was caught and packaged (or frozen if the case may be) - Greenfish does what so many retailers cannot: they make me feel like I am supporting a gamechanging initative, they make me feel proud that this is a fully sustainable, locally-driven initiative, they make me feel GOOD. And the fact that they supply domestic homes, not just restaurants and retailers, is just incredible. And that is even before you get to the product. The first box I had was the fresh yellowtail - the chef Giles Edwards of La Tete kindly shared his order with me during the hard lockdown and I have never looked back. It was a moment of sheer joy at a very dark time. Food can do that. Two years and many many orders later and the prawns did not disappoint either. Yes, they had to be deveined, but the info did specify that they were not entirely deveined because they were frozen headless but WHOLE and the texture and taste was a result of that, The number of prawns we received was HUGE and the value incredible. On top of that, I changed my delivery address to much further out than usual, and they still arrived on the same day, and when I emailed to double check they had the new address, I was called back within half an hour, This kind of business makes me proud and gives me hope. It also gives me some of the best seafood I have tasted in my life… Bravo Greenfish, bravo. KATE WILSON