Tuna Sushi Block | Fresh Fish Box | Wild caught
A TASTE OF TOKYO IN YOUR KITCHEN
Our wild caught yellowfin tuna sushi block can help transform your kitchen into a sushi bar. Perfect for classic sashimi or nigiri, or to experiment with new flavour combinations. Discover the versatility of this globally popular fish famed for its meaty flavour profile. Besides being rich in cholesterol busting Omega-3 fatty acids, yellowfin tuna also contains manganese, zinc, vitamin C and selenium, which all help to fortify your immune system and protect from illness. All our yellowfin tuna is individually caught off Cape Point using pole and line fishing methods. Fresh yellowfin tuna should never be overcooked, it is at its best lightly grilled, fried or served raw.
1x Fresh Yellowfin Tuna Sushi Block (Approx. 1700g - 1900g per box)
InstructionsYour yellowfin sushi block will arrive fresh, simply store in your fridge, and use at your leisure (up to 5 days). For home freezing, freeze on the day of arrival, and use within 3 months. Yellowfin tuna flesh colour may change colour from a light pink to light brown once frozen (this is normal).
All our Yellowfin Tuna is caught with a pole and line (one fish at a time) by fishermen in the cold waters off Cape Point. This method of catch is rated green by SASSI with zero bycatch and least possible impact on ocean ecology.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Low
GEAR USED : Single line and hook / Pole caught
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 50km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : None
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Very high
Yellowfin Tuna Poke Bowl
Poke (Poh-kay) bowls are raw fish salads of Hawaiian origin. Healthy, delicious and easy to make. Try this one from fishwife.co.za. You will need:
- 400g (plus minus) Greenfish Sushi Grade Yellowfin Tuna
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Pine Nuts
- Half a small Red Onion (julienned)
- 4 Baby Spring Onions (finely chopped)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 Thumb Ginger (grated)
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Avocado
- Half a Medium Heat Chili (optional)
- Micro Herbs (optional)
- Garnish with Edible Flowers (optional)
- Dry the Yellowfin Tuna off with paper towel and set aside on a chopping board.
- In a dry pan on medium heat, add the Sesame Seeds and Pine Nuts and toast until nice and golden. Remove from the pan and set aside in a bowl to cool down.
- Cut the Tuna across the grain into small bite size cubes. Cutting across the grain will allow the tuna to fall apart and melt in your mouth. Avoid using the pieces by the tail as they can contain sinew.
- Combine the toasted Sesame Seeds, Pine Nuts, Red Onion, Spring Onions, Ginger, Garlic, Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil and Chilli in a large bowl.
- Add the Tuna cubes and mix through evenly until well coated with the marinade.
- Cut the Avocado into cubes and gently toss through the marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving to allow the Tuna to absorb the flavours.
- Serve in a bowl topped with Micro Herbs and Edible Flowers for a pop of colour.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
Free delivery on all orders over R1,200*
*Free delivery only applies for orders that are in the standard delivery zone.
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
- Collections are free and take place Monday to Friday.
- Orders placed online before 11am will be ready to collect same-day from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Orders placed online after 11am will be made ready for collection the following working day, from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Should you place your order after 11am and need it that day, or need to collect before 11am (Monday to Friday) please contact our office 063 666 2802 and we will get it ready for you, it normally takes us an hour to cut and prepare.
Google Maps Search : Greenfish
Greenfish factory is located in N'Dabeni (Maitland) off Berkley Road turn into Ryger Road. Drive +-300m and the road will bend sharply to the left. We are situated in the bend in a complex called Berkley Square. Ask security for Greenfish Collections. Please park outside the home collection door and ring bell. It is well sign posted. Please park right outside the door.
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
Fast response, had what we were looking for available, And service was overall good with fastest delivery time.
From the time of placing the order till delivery all went perfectly. The Tuna block was delivered in a polystyrene box to a CT address and my daughter flew up with it to Jhb that same day. The ice in the box was still frozen at final destination. Well done Gabi at head office.
everything from ordering to eating was an absolute pleasure. We made the most amazing sashimi with an Asian dressing. Couldnt stop eating but we decided we need to go on a course to learn carving techniques
Shew…great service from start to finish and even better fish. The tuna was beautifully cleaned and packaged and was excellent quality. BIG thank you to the Greenfish team. I served it rare (seared) with a crunchy slaw with red cabbage, apple, baby spinach and carrots and finished with a Dijon dressing
Undoubtedly the best tuna I've eaten in South Africa. Huge block which we turned into sushi, sashimi and seared the rest. Whole ordering and delivery process went incredibly smoothly.
Consistently good, this time exceptional
We buy the fresh tuna regularly when available, and it’s always a great cut. This was better still, can’t imagine how it could be better.
Amazing access to fresh fish
Every aspect from ordering to feasting was smooth as silk.
Fantastic quality yellow fin great delivery service and communication
Best tuna I have ever eaten!!!!
The parcel was delivered on time, beautifully wrapped and came to Jhb with my daughter that evening. On arrival in Jhb the ice blocks in the polystyrene box were still frozen. An excellent service. Well done!
Tuna was fresh and amazing quality
Woza - had a house full of guests and surprised them with tuna steaks....MAGNIFICENT. fom the rapid fire delivery and the happy courier to the sublimely tasty and awesome tuna...WELL DONE GREENFISH
A wonderful treat
Consistently excellent service and fish couldn't be better, Thank you GreenFish.
Second order from Greenfish. Sushi was delivered fresh and we are chowing it non stop.
Tuna Sushi Block
We did fantastic poke bowls with it we will never have found such a fresh piece of tuna. Thank you