Duo Box | 6 Types of Fish | Frozen Box | Wild caught
VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
A frozen combo box featuring swordfish, kingklip, dorado, sea bass, hake, and butterfish. This is the perfect box for the fish lover who craves variety, or for those looking to better understand the unique flavors each fish presents. We go to great lengths to ensure all fish in this box is sourced with the lowest possible impact on their populations and the general ocean ecology.
- Marlin or Sword (2 x 200g steaks) (depending on availability)
- Kingklip (2 x 200g portions or 1 x Fillet)
- Yellowtail or Dorado (2 x 200g portions) (depending on availability)
- Sea Bass (1 x fillet Approx. 360-400g)
- Hake (2 x 200g portions or 1 x 400g Fillet)
- Butterfish (2 x 200g portions)
Your Duo box will arrive frozen with individually wrapped fillets for convenience. Simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost (do not thaw under vacuum/pressure), simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
Whether caught by Greenfish or sourced from local fisherman, all the products in this box have been carefully selected to ensure the lowest possible impact on fish populations and ocean ecology. We go to great lengths to ensure that our catch does as little harm as possible and we are always searching for new ways to make our procurement more sustainable.
The Whitefish All-rounder
While you can find individual recipes for each type of fish at The Fishwife, we thought we would share a great all-round white fish recipe with you. You will need:
- 4 good-sized firm white fish fillets
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Juice and zest from 1 medium lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly chopped basil or parsley leaves, for garnish and flavour
- extra lemon slices for serving
- Use paper towels to thoroughly pat-dry excess moisture from fish fillets – this step is crucial for fish to brown nicely in pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine melted butter, lemon juice and zest, and 1/2 tsp kosher salt. Stir to combine well. Taste and add a bit more kosher salt, if desired.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 tsp kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Evenly press spice mixture onto all sides of fish fillets.
- In a large, heavy pan over medium high heat, heat up the olive oil until hot. Once your oil is sizzling, cook 2 fish fillets at a time to avoid overcrowding (allows for even browning.) Cook each side just until fish becomes opaque, feels somewhat firm in the center, and is browned – lightly drizzle some of the lemon butter sauce as you cook, reserving the rest for serving. Take care not to over-cook, as that will result in a tougher texture. Season with extra kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve fish with the remaining lemon butter sauce, basil or parsley, and lemon wedges.
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
Free delivery on all orders over R1,200*
*Free delivery only applies for orders that are in the standard delivery zone.
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
- Collections are free and take place Monday to Friday.
- Orders placed online before 11am will be ready to collect same-day from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Orders placed online after 11am will be made ready for collection the following working day, from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Should you place your order after 11am and need it that day, or need to collect before 11am (Monday to Friday) please contact our office 063 666 2802 and we will get it ready for you, it normally takes us an hour to cut and prepare.
Google Maps Search : Greenfish
Greenfish factory is located in N'Dabeni (Maitland) off Berkley Road turn into Ryger Road. Drive +-300m and the road will bend sharply to the left. We are situated in the bend in a complex called Berkley Square. Ask security for Greenfish Collections. Please park outside the home collection door and ring bell. It is well sign posted. Please park right outside the door.
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.
The fish is of excellent quality and the portion sizes are really good - a lot of great fish at very good value!!
Delights of Choice
Every time i open up my freezer to select fish, I'm thrown into a whirl of options! Not only have I at least 3 options with the Duo Box, but it also allows me to try my favorites in different ways. The best feature on GreenFish On-line Ordering is the EcoHero choices. Allowing me to follow personal shopping goals and adventure! Thanks so very much GreenFish..Laura
Best fish, best service
Always blown away by the Greenfish experience. Shopping is super easy with great, accurate pics and product descriptions. Not only is their seafood always amazing but delivery is super fast, special requests / instructions followed to a T and interactions are friendly and professional. Cannot recommend Greenfish highly enough.
Amazing proffesional convenience
The service and packaging is top class. My wife is very allergic to iodine so the sealed individual packages means I do not have to worry about her getting a raction. The driver was friendly and welcoming. I just expected the portions to be slightly bigger.
Very happy with the quality and packaging of the product. Clearly marked and fresh.
One of the best buys
This is a great buy and I will order it again and again . . . The 6 types of fish are packed and frozen separately, two pieces per pack, which is ideal for just two of us for a meal. Excellent idea to pack the fish this way. Thanks Green Fish!
My second time buying this Duo Box and I am still very impressed with the freshness and quality of the product. Thank you
Duo box 6 fish
Brilliant. The fish is always great. I have a food hypersensitivity issue that they accommodated with a substitution. Much appreciated.
Always excellent quality and great response from the ops team .
I'm so stoked to find a place that sells sustainably sourced fish at a reasonable price. The duo box has a great selection of fish, each portion satisfies 2 of us for dinner. Very happy and will make this a regular in my freezer
My go to purchase from Greenfish - love this item due to its variety - delicious any which way you make it
The fish was presented beautifully however I really was looking forward to the sword fish since I never had it before but received two packs of hake instead. Never the less, we had eaten the hake and the butterfish and it was ABSOLUTELY delicious.
This is my first time buying from Greenfish. The quality is second to none, the fish is plumb and fresh. I will be buying my next box next week. Thank you for the great service and even greater quality, well done.
Great quality, great packaging and fantastic service
Nothing But FISH!
Be delighted a whole week with the selection presented in the Duo Box. I was so motivated by the feast on offer that I took one vacuum pack with me on a weekend away! We were not sorry. With little more than olive oil I had to prepare our fish dinner. Well it was a sumptuous feast, with the fish speaking volumes of flavour. There is no beating freshly caught fish.
Excellent combination of tastes and textures - definitely for more than one meal even three for the average family - the housewives recipes easy and practical
I loved the quick service and the fish. I just wish I could order butterfish separately and not in a mixed box. Please let me know if this is sold on it’s own.
Great service & quality
Fish was delivered promptly and the quality was superb. Loved the variety of this box as it makes meal planning easier. Will definitely order again.
Couldn't be happier!
This is the best deal. The fish is cleaned and packaged well. It's so convenient and affordable. Thank you GreenFish! We'll put an order in every month.
always great package to have on hand