Black Marlin Steaks | Portion Frozen Box x4 | Premium Portion Range | 200g
Black Marlin Premium Portions
Fresh Black Marlin has a firm texture and a distinctive flavour which is similar to but more pronounced than the flavour of Swordfish. Some people say Marlin tastes like Tuna but is stronger in flavour. It is cooked in a similar to Tuna and Swordfish and is excellent as steaks on the braai. It is very important to not over cook it. Black Marlin are the fastest swimming of all the Marlin species.
4x Frozen Black Marlin Steaks of +-200g (approx. 800g-900g per box)
Your Black Marlin portions will arrive frozen, simply store in your freezer (up to 3 months) and use at your leisure. It is best to remove product from packaging to defrost, simply place on a tray in your fridge and allow to thaw slowly.
*May contain tail and front pieces.
*4 portions will come vacuum packed together.
Any special requests or instructions can be left in the NOTES section at the Checkout. Eg: Your doorbell does not work, you require a phone call before the order arrives, you would like the fillets / steaks vacuum packed seperately or cut into smaller portions etc.
Black Marlin are pelagic migratory species that are caught by a number of different countries. It is currently unassessed on the SASSI list but we know its population to be decreasing. There are strict regulations on who may catch these fish using the longline fishing method. All our Marlin is sourced from a small fleet of local owned and operated licensed fishing vessels allowed to bring in this type of catch.
ECOSYSTEM IMPACT : Medium high
GEAR USED : Pelagic longline
SUPPORTING LOCALS : Yes
DISTANCE TRAVELLED : 50km
DOLPHIN / TURTLE IMPACT : Medium high
REPRODUCTION POTENTIAL : Medium
R65 same-day packaging & delivery fee
Free delivery on all orders over R1,200*
*Free delivery only applies for orders that are in the standard delivery zone.
CBD | Southern Suburbs | Houtbay | Plattekloof
Deep South | Table View, Blouberg, Melkbos | Durbanville
Stellenbosch | Somerset West | Franschhoek | Paarl
All zoned areas: Monday to Friday
- Order before 11am and receive your delivery the same day.
- Order after 11am and receive your delivery the following delivery day.
- Please note we do not deliver on Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays
- Re-delivery fee may apply if delivery cannot be taken between delivery times (14:00 - 17:00) without any prior arrangement and a delivery was attempted. Email [email protected] or call 063 666 2802
- Collections are free and take place Monday to Friday.
- Orders placed online before 11am will be ready to collect same-day from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Orders placed online after 11am will be made ready for collection the following working day, from 12h00 to 5pm.
- Should you place your order after 11am and need it that day, or need to collect before 11am (Monday to Friday) please contact our office 063 666 2802 and we will get it ready for you, it normally takes us an hour to cut and prepare.
Google Maps Search : Greenfish
Greenfish factory is located in N'Dabeni (Maitland) off Berkley Road turn into Ryger Road. Drive +-300m and the road will bend sharply to the left. We are situated in the bend in a complex called Berkley Square. Ask security for Greenfish Collections. Please park outside the home collection door and ring bell. It is well sign posted. Please park right outside the door.
We are working hard to extend our range. If you live outside our current delivery range but think there is significant demand in your area, please contact us.