Spring has sprung, the flowers are out and the braais are ready to be lit! What better way to celebrate the new season then with a fresh yellowfin tuna steak on the braai.
This recipe is so simple. All you need to do is whip up a quick marinade, throw in your Greenfish yellowfin tuna steaks (which are already perfectly prepped and ready to go), marinade for an hour or two and, with a quick toss on the braai, dinner is served!
- 1 pack of Greenfish Yellowfin Tuna Steaks (2 steaks)
- Salt & Pepper
- Japanese 7 spice (or 5 spice)
- 1/3 Cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/3 Cup Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil (or sesame oil)
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice (or half a squeezed lemon)
- Sprinkle the tuna steaks with a small dash of the seven spice and a pinch of salt and pepper. (Do not use too much of the seven spice as it has some heat to it!)
- In a glass dish create the marinade by combining the teriyaki, soy sauce, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Place the seasoned tuna steaks into the marinade, cover the bowl with cling film and pop into the fridge. Marinade for at least half an hour before turning the steaks over and marinading the other side. Leave the steaks to marinade for an hour or two.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and braai over medium hot coals with the grid on the middle setting for about 1-2 minutes a side. Make sure you discard the marinade and do not pour over the steaks. Excess marinade will burn and become bitter.
- Serve immediately.
- Remember tuna steaks can be rare to well done, depending on how you like your fish served. Cooking time for this recipe is based on a medium steak. You can alter your cooking time accordingly to suit your preferences.